KIEHL'S

Saturday, March 30, 2013


Hi everyone! I hope you're all work and stress free for the holy week. I've been spending a lot of time with family and close friends in the past days but I couldn't resist to leave an entry that I've been itching to share since last week.


After availing of the free samples from Kiehl's Trinoma using a Belle De Jour voucher, I am now making this review to walk you through my experience with this well liked and highly acclaimed brand.





This Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser came in a 3 ml sachet. I thought this wouldn't last me a week but it miraculously did. True to its claim, this cleanser does lather up quickly and you'd be surprised at how a teeny weeny amount can cover your entire face. It's scent free and has the texture of a thick foam. It feels so smooth and silky when massaged on your face. What I'm not so crazy about this cleanser is it tends to make your skin feel squeaky clean after washing as if you've been stripped of your skin's natural moisture. Though your skin doesn't come off looking dry, this may not be the best product for you if you have dry skin. Overall, this is a good cleanser but not as great to splurge on so I won't be getting the full size.






My sample of Kiehl's Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment came in this 5 ml sachet. This one lasted for only 5 days since I was using it twice daily and you really need to put a pea size each on your forehead, cheeks and chin to cover your entire face. This acne treatment is opaque white with the texture of a runny lotion. This product truly delivers when it comes to clearing active acne blemishes as it effectively dried out 2 tiny cystic pimples on my forehead in just a single application. What I don't like about this is it reeks of chemical scent upon application that lingers for more than a few minutes so if you're sensitive about how a product smells then you won't be very happy with this. Just a heads up, this can be really drying on your face so never forget to put on moisturizer after every use.


I'm not quite impressed with its ability to reduce post-acne marks within less than a week's use but I think I really need to continue using it before making any final judgements. This is why I will be purchasing the full size soon to help clear my blemishes and finally put an end to my post acne marks that seems to be taking forever to disappear. The only downside to this is the price (around Php 1,800+, Sorry I can't remember exactly how much) but for a product that shows a lot of promise in treating acne blemishes, this is really worth the expensive tag.





Lastly, my sample of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream is in this 3 ml sachet which sadly lasted for only 4 days since I also use this twice daily after applying the acne treatment. You also need a pea size each on your forehead, cheeks and chin for assured coverage. It's translucent white and has the texture comparable to a serum. It's virtually scent free and leaves your face well hydrated without feeling greasy or looking shiny. This would've been perfect with spf which for me is quite okay since I always use BB Cream with spf on top of any moisturizer. I love that this product made my skin feel well hydrated and supple the next morning. Although I am impressed with this moisturizer, I may not be purchasing it anytime soon since I still have a ton of moisturizers in my stash but I might give this a go the next time I need to purchase one. I do recommend this to those who are willing to splurge on a quality moisturizer.


In summary, I think the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser is okay-ish but I don't recommend it to those with dry skin. I love the Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment as well as the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream but I'm only getting the former in full size and I'll think about getting the latter once I run out of moisturizers in my stash.


How about you? Have you tried any product from Kiehl's? How are you liking them so far? If you haven't and you have a Belle De Jour power planner, you may get free samples from Kiehl's by using one of the vouchers. Remember, you don't need to purchase anything to get the free samples. So head on now to your nearest Kiehl's boutique to experience skin care the Kiehl's way.


♥ ♥ ♥


UPDATES:
  • The people behind Kiehl's Facebook page were kind enough to provide me with the following information:

  • I can't wait to buy the full size! I hope I'll finally have a holy grail when it comes to pimple treatment.
  • I did a little make over on my product storage over the long weekend which I will be sharing very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment