TONY MOLY: Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream

Friday, March 8, 2013



I knew it wouldn't take long until CC Cream invades us locally. CC cream, short for color correcting cream has been introduced early 2012 and no matter how obvious it is that the name suggests it to be the next best thing after the introduction of BB Creams, still skin care companies thought of the name color correcting cream hoping to continue the BB cream hype.








This Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream comes in a cute 50 mL canister type container with a pump. I love that it's in a sturdy container and that the pump helps in dispensing just the right amount of product.






This CC Cream is white in color, is virtually scent free and has a creamy texture. It melts easily on application and immediately changes to a very light neutral shade upon rubbing against your skin which reminds me so much of L'oreal Lucent Magique BB cream. Though the cream changes a shade darker when applied, it still looks light and it sort of leaves a thin white cast that eventually blends well with your natural complexion. It offers light to medium coverage with spf 18 and lasts for a decent amount of time without caking. 


One problem with this is it tends to make my skin look oily at the end of the day so you might want to use an oil control film to remove excess oil and top it with powder for a matte finish. Another downside is it only comes in one shade so you might want to try this on your face before purchasing. It's also quite expensive (Php 948) for a 50ml product but a little amount goes a long way so you can use this sparingly.


Overall, I love the Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aqua CC Cream but I have to admit that the Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream is more compatible with my skin tone hence I won't be buying again. However, I will continue using this and try to find ways on how I can make it work for me. If you're on a tight budget or if you need full coverage this might not be the best product for you but if you only have a few skin imperfections to hide and you're willing to splurge a little then this will work perfectly. 


♥ ♥ ♥









4 comments :

  1. thanks for the review.
    i might not buying this i think coz my skin tone is not light so i i'm worried it might made my skin ghostly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mizu, thanks for reading my review, you may use other BB creams by Tony Moly like their Luminous Goddess Aura BB cream instead. It might match your skin tone better. If you're not sure you can always ask the help of the sales assistants to find your skin's perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin is on the red side. Tony Moly CC cream rocks!! It evens my skin tone, doesn't splotch, lasts all day, isn't greasy, cakey, nothing. It's fantastic and I am SOLD! I do not need to wear foundation anymore which is what I was hoping for. I wasted money on other brands, Olay, Revlon, but am sold on Tony Moly and have recently bought other products via ebay. By the way, I am a 56 year old Caucasian female. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne! You're one lucky woman! I'm happy you found a CC cream that works good on your skin. Tony Moly is really a wonderful brand that caters to every skin type and tone. I find CC creams to be more suitable for fairer skin tone but I guess I can't safely conclude it given the lack of CC creams I've tried. I have yet to discover a CC cream that will look good on my asian medium skin tone. However, Tony Moly recently launched another CC cream so I'm very excited to try it and see if it fits me. Thanks for visiting my page and have a good day!

      Delete