NYX: Nude On Nude Natural Look Kit

Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Hey guys! I'm on a roll here because I have so many new things I want to share with all of you. I just got 3 new products from Ulta as gifts from my fiance (gotta love his taste) but I'll be reviewing them separately and I'll start off with NYX Nude On Nude Natural Look Kit.


I originally had my eyes on NYX Nude on Nude Palette but it wasn't available in Ulta so the sales rep suggested this, good thing my loving fiance took her word for it. 



I love that this kit is handy but packed with 2 layers of eye makeup and lip products.



The top layer houses nine different shades of eye shadow. Top 3 shades are matte finish while the other 6 have glitters with gold undertones. I tried making swatches but failed in several attempts so you just have to rely on my word that the eye shadow colors are so rich you only need to glide a brush lightly to pick up the right amount of pigment. The colors immediately show and they don't appear too glittery. They don't crease over time and may last you a day without retouching.



The second layer slides open revealing 2 lip products. These weren't labelled but one looks like mahogany red and the other is salmon pink. NYX also included sponge and brush applicators. The lip palette wasn't as great but are decent enough to wear everyday. Mahogany red reminds me of tinted lip balms because of the sheer finish and soft texture while salmon pink is just like your ordinary lip gloss that's not pigmented at all. The makeup tools aren't so bad but I think I'll be using my own set of tools and just reach for these when I need a retouch.


The Verdict? This palette has awesome written all over it. Despite the lip color palette and tools not being as great as the eye shadow palette, I still consider this an amazing kit. What's even better is you can bring this with you anytime to any occassion because the colors are so wearable and the kit is so handy it can fit your smallest purse. This kit also gives you your money's worth since it only retails for $12. The only dowside is they're not locally available but you may order from online sellers like digitaltraincase.com.  


I will be playing around with this kit for a while and try other palettes from NYX in the future. If you're just starting to ease your way into using cosmetics or you're not fond of wearing makeup at all, this is a perfect kit to start with. You will never go wrong with natural shades of makeup in any time of the day and season.


♥ ♥ ♥











No comments:

Post a Comment