Small Wonders

Thursday, July 4, 2013



Hey everyone! I've been trying to reconstruct my finances in the past few weeks and haven't been buying any beauty related products to give way to more important stuff. I rummaged through my stash and it really looked as if I saved for the rainy days. I still have several bottles, jars and tubes of cleansers, moisturizers, BB creams and body lotion enough to last me months. Now I don't have any excuse (darn it) to break my thrift mode. I've also accumulated quite a lot of trial sizes from various giveaways and beauty boxes that I plan on bringing with me when I reconquer the Lion City in August. 



Among the array of samples these are my most favorite and are likely to be consumed even before I get the chance to bring them with me on vacation. 



Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Cleansing Oil (50 ml) 
I got this with two other Shu Uemura products as part of the Summer Fresh Set from Taste Central. It originally retails for 2,800 PhP and was discounted by 70% at 840 PhP. There are no words to describe how I adore cleansing oils from Shu Uemura and this particular variant has proven itself worthy of such admiration. I love the pleasant scent and light weight formula. It gives a smooth feeling when massaged on your face and rinses off easily leaving your skin supple without a trace of oiliness. Most importantly, it effectively cleanses your skin free of makeup and dirt. A few drops is enough to cover your face so this trial size will probably last me a while. 



Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial Masque (15 ml)
I got this from last year's Clinique Bonus Time and I have to admit I didn't know how to use it then. I was still acquainting myself to the brand when I got it so I thought it was just a regular no-rinse face mask. Later on, I found out it is indeed a face mask but you need to leave it on and rinse off after five minutes. It also doubles as a facial scrub because it's packed with micro beads. I like how it makes my skin feel clean and smooth after each use. You will also notice specks of glitter on your skin which I really don't mind because they visibly brighten up my face. You may use this up to thrice a week but if you have sensitive skin, you might want to lessen frequency of use.



Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Generator (7 ml)
This serum was included in the Summer Fresh Set from Taste Central. It has a distinct scent but I can't put my finger on it exactly. It's not at all unpleasant and it goes off after a few minutes of application. It has a runny consistency and a few drops is enough to cover your entire face. The serum applies easily and gets absorbed almost immediately. It feels light and smooth on your face and doesn't leave a greasy finish. I've used it several times at night and I always wake up to a well hydrated face in the morning. It didn't break me out or cause any type of skin reaction.



Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream (14 g)
This came free with purchase a year ago. I've actually consumed the original content and refilled it several times. It has the consistency of a lotion and it feels like it doesn't get absorbed quickly so you might want to wait a while if you want to top it with a primer or BB Cream. It looks a little shiny at first which is why I only use it at night. I love that it can instantly make your skin feel smooth and silky and it locks in moisture so you wake up to a well hydrated skin.



Clinique All About Eyes Rich (5 ml)
I also got this from Clinique Bonus Time last year and it has become an instant favorite. It effectively moisturizes your under eye areas without causing irritation. As for the whitening effect, I haven't noticed any significant changes after using it for more than a month but I will continue using it and see what happens.



Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Day Cream (5 ml)
This cream came in my November BDJ Box last year. It has a pleasant scent, feels light on your skin and gets absorbed easily. I like that it leaves my skin moisturized without feeling and looking greasy. I would've liked it better if it came with a higher spf. 


So there you go, trial products you shouldn't ignore or toss aside. You may have collected some so don't just leave them lying around to spoil. Who knows, you might find something really good from sample sizes. Besides, great things can come from small packages. 


♥ ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment