NYX: Jumbo Eye Pencil

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

 
 
Hey guys! If you read my previous post, you'd know that I recently visited NYX's first official boutique in Manila at The Annex, SM North and got myself a few items including the Jumbo Eye Pencil in bronze. This sleek pencil has garnered great reviews from bloggers and vloggers alike which is why I want to try it personally and see if it's really worth all the raves.

 

It looks like a jumbo pencil with a transparent cap that's not too sturdy because it's only been a few days since I bought it and you can already see cracks near the edge.



The pencil is clearly labeled with the particular shade, manufacturer and list of ingredients. I initially thought the base can be twisted to allow the rest of the product to show up but I was wrong. Just like a pencil, you have to sharpen it once blunted.



I love the tapered tip because it allows you to reach the corners of your eyelids with precision. It slides easily on your skin with minimal tugging and a single layer is enough to bring out a pop of color to your eyes.



Above image shows you that a single coat is enough to see how brilliant the color is. It can also be layered without looking flaky. Blending the color with the use of either your finger tips or blending brush still gives you a nice shade of bronze.


The formula feels waxy on application but it spreads quite easily. It gives a matte finish that you couldn't tell the difference from a powder based eye shadow. Staying power is pretty decent, lasting 6 to 8 hours even without a primer. I love that it's easy and quick to use making it a good choice for makeup newbies, during touch ups or when you're running late and have little time to prepare in the morning. It's reasonably priced at 300 Php but you can get it from online sellers for as low as 195 Php plus shipping. 


Overall, I am so impressed with this product that I recommend it to everyone who wants a fool proof, high quality eye shadow that's affordable and locally available. The NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil is indeed worth all the raves and I will be purchasing other shades soon. So, have you tried any of the jumbo eye pencils? Which shade is your favorite? Tell me all about it on the comments section below. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day


♥ ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment