ELIZABETH ARDEN: White Glove Extreme Skin Brightening Overnight Capsules

Tuesday, July 2, 2013



Hey guys! It feels great to be back. I've been stuck in bed since my surgery and though I wanted so much to work on some pending reviews I couldn't because my wound still hurts. Anyway, I didn't get to do my skin care routine while in the hospital hence my face felt rough and unpleasant the entire time. Luckily, I have plenty of stuff in my stash I haven't tried including this pouchful of Elizabeth Arden goodies from Miss Shen's 4th Anniversary Giveaway so I indulged the moment I got home. 









I went for the White Glove Extreme Skin Brightening Overnight Capsules because they seem appropriate for my week long neglected skin. Forgive me for the display of images, I missed blogging so much that I got a little trigger happy with my Ipad.



I love that they placed the capsules in this elegant jar, small enough to fit in any pouch making it excellent for travel. 



There were seven of these small gold capsules in the jar and one capsule is good for a single use on the face and neck.



To open, just twist the tab around twice and it'll snap off easily. This is my first time to try a product housed in a capsule and I have to say I like it. Capsules are neat for travel, dispensing the product is easier and you won't have to estimate the amount you need each time.



It's translucent gold in color and has the consistency of a thick serum, almost like a gel. Initially I was a little hesitant to use it because there were specks of dark brown grains in the serum and I wasn't sure of the expiration. So I searched online and luckily there were several reviews describing the product and showing actual images of the serum looking exactly the same as mine. 


The serum spreads easily and though it looks and feels a bit greasy on my face, it doesn't really bother me because I only use this at night. It has a subtle cosmetic scent that immediately fades a few minutes after application. I feel like it hydrates your skin throughout the night because you wake up to smooth, supple skin the next morning. 


After using it for three consecutive days, I feel like my skin improved and has become more soft and velvety. I haven't noticed any visible changes with the size of my pores or the fine lines around my eyes but I guess it's still too early to tell. 


Overall, this product isn't so bad but there are other affordable moisturizers in the market with the same effect. This is why I'm not buying it in full size. I do recommend it to those who are looking for something new to try and don't mind splurging on a good moisturizer but if you're on a tight budget, this might not be the best product for you. 

♥ ♥ 






No comments:

Post a Comment