Flaws Make You Real

Saturday, May 18, 2013


I am a certified BB Cream fanatic. You can tell from my posts that I've been running around trying every BB Cream I can afford to buy. I've purchased and used BB Creams tagged as low as 150 Php to a whopping 2,100 Php (chokes) a pop. I admit to having less hits than misses but like mistakes we all make in life, I prefer to move on and charge everything to experience.

Missha M Perfect BB Cream (50 ml), Php 1,690
Image courtesy of Amazon

My love affair with BB Cream dates back to February 2012 when I bought the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. I didn't like it for several reasons and eventually gave it to my mom who loved it to bits that up to now she still prefers it over other BB Creams.



Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream (45 g) Php 748
Image courtesy of Tony Moly

My quest continued until I finally found a few that totally made me a fanatic. I thought my search will stop when I finally found my skin's perfect match, the Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream, but up to this day, I'm still open to new discoveries. 


I know others out there don't prefer BB Creams. Some even dubbed them as glorified or overrated tinted moisturizers with heavy claims that aren't too realistic. Despite negative reviews about BB Creams, I still find it indispensable. So why am I so taken by these hyped up products? I initially thought it was because everyone else was into it but I eventually realized that I wasn't just joining the band wagon. I've kept it in my daily routine because it works well for my skin.


I love that BB Creams came to existence because it gave me, a make up rookie, something to start with that doesn't require much experience. I love that you don't have to choose from tons of shades and end up buying the exact same product in a lighter or darker color just to match your complexion. I love that I don't need a brush or sponge to apply it. I couldn't agree more with other bloggers that they do come off sheer but some are buildable to give you medium coverage. Others may find the BB Cream's light coverage a con but I think I'm okay with it because I accept the fact that uneven skin tone and pimple marks can't magically disappear under BB Creams. So even if they claim to be skin perfecters, we as consumers should know better than to rely on advertising.


I know BB Creams have other claims but I think of them as added bonus, some may be true, others not. I'm just enjoying the fact that they work for me more than other products did. I'm also excited about future improvements and innovations. Who knows, maybe someday they will come close to being a skin perfecter but for now, I'm contented with a natural look and detectable flaws here and there.
After all, flaws make us real.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment