AVON: Anew Clinical Pro Line Corrector with A-F33

Sunday, May 5, 2013


Hi everyone! Two months ago I read a post from Project Vanity, one of the local blogs I follow, that Avon launched a new anti-aging product and was giving away a 28-day trial kit to a limited number of women. Since I love all sorts of new and free stuff, I signed up and luckily got this kit. 





Inside are 28 sachets of Avon Anew Clinical Pro Line Corrector with A-F33. This is Avon's latest breakthrough in their quest to provide women with the best anti-aging skin care. A-F33 short for Amino-Fill 33 is said to help boost collagen production leading to improvement in fine lines in as early as 2 weeks based on a dermatologist supervised clinical study. 



Here's a closer look of the sachet containing 1 gram of product which for me is quite insufficient for twice a day use. Avon suggests to add this to your daily skin care regimen in between cleansing and moisturizing your face and neck. Since this product has retinol and may increase skin sensitivity to the sun, you need to limit sun exposure and use sunscreen all the time.

This product is opaque white contrary to my expectation of a serum which is usually translucent or colorless. It has a tinge of chemical scent which doesn't smell too bad nor pleasant either. The consistency is comparable to a thin lotion that spreads effortlessly and melts instantly in your skin. I use a pea size on my forehead, cheeks, chin and neck. It does give a bit of shine but not overly greasy. I love that I wake up to a well moisturized and supple skin in the morning. This serum didn't give me any trouble at all. No skin irritation, pimple break outs or adverse reactions like redness or pain. 


After 1 week of religiously using this product, the only skin reaction I noticed was minimal peeling on certain areas of my face like the sides of my forehead which instantly disappeared the following day. I didn't get to take photos of my forehead peeling since it was gone almost immediately but I did get an image of my peeling neck which appeared on day 6 until day 7.



The peeling skin didn't look too scary and lasted for 2 days without any pain or discomfort. A word of precaution, you have to let your skin shed spontaneously and not peel them yourself because that's when you will notice pain and redness. 



By the way, I am currently using this with Avon's Anew Rejuvenate Skin Revitalizing System kit which I got as a prize from Miss Shen's Anniversary Give-away late last year. I'll post a separate review on this kit next time but just so you know, I use the Anew Clinical Pro Line Corrector with A-F33 after cleansing my face with the Revitalizing 2-in-1 Gel Cleanser and applying Mineral Toner. I top this with the Revitalizing Cream at night or Revitalizing Cream with SPF 25 during the day.


Image courtesy of www.cosmeticavon.com

Overall, I really like this serum because it did a good job of safely and effectively rejuvenating my skin. In terms of reducing wrinkles, I can't really say too much yet since it's only been a week and I only have fine lines under my eyes and no deep wrinkles yet ( thank heavens! ). I'll continue to use this for 3 more weeks and give you an update. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day ahead!

 ♥ ♥ 




















3 comments :

  1. It is truly a nice and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! An actual review! I've been reading the other beauty blogs and they didn't really hash out a review apart from just reposting the press release and perhaps mentioning their usage in passing. Sayang, nabigyan pa naman sila ng full-sized bottle, but they didn't bother with a more comprehensive review. Tsk,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! thanks for reading my post. I actually forgot making an update on this, thanks to your comment I remembered. :)

      Delete