WANGFU: Chinese Bistro

Friday, November 29, 2013


Hey guys! A close friend recently celebrated her birthday and since we just had a western dinner a month ago, we opted for Chinese this time at Wangfu Chinese Bistro in Tomas Morato. We were suppose to eat there last month but we didn't make reservations and the place was jam-packed even on a rainy night. This time, we made sure and reserved a week ahead.



I've seen Wangfu in Il Terrazo near ABS CBN but the branch in Tomas Morato near Roces Avenue is extra special since one of the owners is no other than Sir Chief, Richard Yap. The place became even more popular when Miss Kris Aquino featured it on Kris TV. Since then, I bet everyone else is as curious as we are if the menu is any good rendering the place fully booked most of the time. 





Sweet Corn Soup with Minced Chicken (228 Php)
I love that this soup has a perfect consistency and that it really tasted good. The mixture of corn, egg and bits of chicken meat tasted yummy! They do have a generous serving so this big bowl was enough for all of us even after refilling more than twice! I'm guessing it can serve 12 people at the most. 



Hot and Sour Soup (258 Php)
I'm not a fan of this soup and only had a sip to taste but it did have a good consistency and tasted quite similar to what other Chinese restaurants serve. My friend who's into hot and sour soups said she liked it and thinks it's at par with other hot and sour soups she's tasted. 



Yang Chow Fried Rice (228 Php)
This rice would've disappointed me if it weren't for the shrimps. I felt like the other components were lacking but the generous amount of perfectly cooked shrimps you get each scoop made up for the meager amount of other ingredients. But hey that's just me. 



Pork Siomai (88 Php)
These were delicious! Almost as great as my most favorite Siomai from Causeway but more comparable to that of Gloria Maris in terms of the tender pork meat and soft siomai wrapper.



Seafood Bundle (98 Php)
This is probably my least favorite among the dimsum we ordered. Although the crab meat and fish were tender, the squid was tough to chew on, I like Causeway's version better.



Beancurd Roll (88 Php)
I was actually asked to try even just a bite of this and I did like it. The flavor tasted good and it was tender enough to my liking.



Crunchy Sweet & Sour Pork with Lychee (288 Php)
This pork dish is actually one of the best ones we ate that night. It has a perfect crust with tender meat. The sauce isn't too special but goes well with the other ingredients.



Kung Pao Chicken (278 Php)
This chicken dish also tasted delicious. The meat was perfectly tender and the overall flavor is really good. I also like that the sauce was just enough to give the right flavor.



Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce (328 Php)
This dish also tasted good. The beef slices were tender and the broccoli was crunchy and not over cooked. The sauce was a little dry yet very flavorful.


Sambal Chili Prawns (428 Php)
I wasn't able to take a picture but this dish tasted good and not overly spicy. The shrimps were perfectly coated with sweet chili sauce and the meat is really tender and flavorful.


Image courtesy of Wangfu

Overall, our dining experience at Wangfu Chinese Bistro wasn't extraordinary but good. The interiors of the place is really impressive especially their chandeliers and modern furnitures. The menu has a good selection, the food tastes good with equally good serving proportions.


Image courtesy of Wangfu

It's a good place to dine with friends and family but you have to make reservations to get a sure slot. They will hold the table for you but make sure to be there on time because they will give your slot away 15 minutes beyond your reserved time. I've read in other reviews that they have a problem with serving your orders on time but we didn't experience that. They are well staffed and the orders came right on time. As for the price, I think theirs is pretty much competitive. Our bill reached 3,000 Php which I believe is a reasonable price for 4 main dishes, 3 orders of dimsum, 2 varieties of soup, 2 orders of yang chow fried rice and drinks.


Image courtesy of Wangfu

I will definitely go back in the future and recommend it to those of you who want to eat Chinese food at any given time. Wangfu is located along Tomas Morato Avenue and you can make your reservations by calling them at 02-4100304.
Thank you for reading and have a great weekend!



♥♥

2 comments :

  1. looks so yummy! :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA.
    I am inviting you to join my Giveaway
    RoseWholesale $20 Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. ka-gutom hihi =) wangfu? hehe parang pag binibiro ko si husband tawag ko sa kanya WAFU hehehe instead of gwapo

    ReplyDelete