SHISEIDO: Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 38

Wednesday, November 27, 2013


Hey guys! Are you into products that focus on anti-aging? If you are, better make sure you're using sunscreen because anti-aging products usually contain ingredients like Alpha Hydroxy Acid or AHA that make your skin more prone to the harmful rays of the sun. I've only been relying on my BB Cream for sun protection but just recently, my fiancĂ© gave me a tube of Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream which I've been  using under my BB Cream for about 5 days now.




The Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream comes in a generous 50ml squeeze type tube. 



It has a flip top cover with a narrow nozzle which I find really helpful to easily dispense the product and avoid wastage. This sunscreen doesn't reek of chemical and surprisingly smells mild to moderate compared to other sunscreens I've tried. I like that the chemical smell doesn't linger and goes off a few minutes after application.



The product appears creamy white, easily spreads on your skin and I love that it only gives your face a healthy glow without the ghostly cast. The cream melts easily on your skin, feels light and doesn't give an oily finish which makes this suitable to wear under your BB Cream or foundation. 



This sunscreen offers an impressive broad spectrum protection against both UVA and UVB rays with SPF 38. If you're not yet aware, a good sunscreen should protect you from both harmful  rays with an SPF of at least 30. I already went deep into this on a previous post, so do check it out as well for further information. I'm not sure about the original price but my fiance got a really great discount from Marshalls and bought it for only $10, a little over 400 Php! Can you believe that? I'm guessing the original price ranges from $20 to $30. You can also get it from Amazon for as low as $12 or roughly 500 Php. 



I also love that the ingredients include Zinc Oxide which is considered the best broad spectrum protection available that's safe to use even on sensitive skin. This sunscreen didn't break me out or cause any adverse skin reactions. The only downside is I'm not quite sure if it's available locally. 



Overall, the Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream is a great sunscreen to use on any skin type on any given day. I love using it under my BB Cream and will repurchase once it runs out. I also recommend it to those who want to achieve and maintain a healthy skin. So what are your thoughts? Do share them on the comments section below. Thank you for reading and have a great day!


♥♥♥






1 comment :

  1. most of sunscreen ms jing nagiiwan ng white cast, but not my pevonia hydrating sunscreen =)

    ReplyDelete