SKIN79: Super+ Beblesh Balm

Sunday, November 3, 2013




Hey guys! I've always been a BB Cream devotee since the day I found my skin's best match, the Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream. Even so, I still try out other brands to see how they fair with my current favorite. I've heard tons of good things about Skin79, particularly the hot pink variety which is why I finally bought one during the Beauty Fair 2013 held on October 4 and 5 at Il Terrazo, Tomas Morato, Q.C. 





This BB Cream claims to have three functions thus the tag "triple functions" on the label. It promises to whiten the skin, improve the appearance of wrinkles and protect the skin from harmful rays of the sun. 



The SKIN79 SUPER+ Beblesh Balm comes in a 40 gram flask type container with a pump and a tiny nozzle in front for a more hygienic way of dispensing the product. 



This BB Cream has a very subtle almost undetectable scent. It has a creamy texture that spreads easily and sets on your skin immediately after application giving you an instant glow. 


It doesn't give off a white cast and offers surprisingly minimal coverage. You may layer it a couple of times for better coverage but this is when you risk getting an obvious white cast. Above image shows you how it appears when swatched with a single layer (top) compared to adding another coat (bottom). I love that it gives you a naturally moisturized finish without looking shiny. It stays on for a decent amount of time (4 hours) without caking but it may look a little greasy by then. 


When compared to Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream and Skin79 Super+ BB orange variety, the hot pink version looks thicker in consistency but spreads more effortlessly. 



The shades are somewhat similar but Skin79 BB in Orange give off the brightest finish followed by Tony Moly and Skin 79 Hot Pink. All three give a dewy look with light to medium coverage. Oil control is best seen with Tony Moly followed by the hot pink and orange varieties of Skin79. Still, Tony Moly is most affordable at 748 Php/45ml tube compared to both varieties of Skin 79 at 1,000 Php/40gm flask. 



Overall, I think the hot pink variety doesn't really match my skin type. I guess it suits those who are blemish free since it only offers minimal coverage and layering doesn't make it look any better. I will continue using it everyday but I have to say I won't be repurchasing once it runs out. I do recommend it to those who don't need much concealing and are willing to shell out a little more. So have you tried Skin79? Do share your thoughts on the comments section below. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!






1 comment :

  1. Ive been introduced from this brand 2 years ago, from one of my fave blogger (she seldom blog nowadays =( and its good its locally available na)

    ReplyDelete