CLINIQUE: Bonus Time

Saturday, November 9, 2013



Hey guys! You know the feeling you get when you hear or see the word bonus? Well, in my case I get overly excited especially when the word bonus comes after Clinique. I've always loved the brand but the hefty tag has kept me from getting their full range of skin care products. Good thing I was able to try them via Clinique Bonus Time last year. Since then, I pledged to replenish my Clinique must haves only during bonus time at least once a year. However, I didn't get to purchase again this year which turned out to be a good thing since my mom received a Clinique Bonus Time set as a gift.



I love that this set mostly comprises of Clinique products I've never tried. If you're not familiar with Clinique Bonus, it's a much awaited time when Clinique generously gives out a gift with every minimum purchase. This giveaway almost always comes in a trendy pouch with sample sizes of Clinique's best sellers as well as newly released products. The minimum purchase requirement is different for every country. In the Philippines it's around 4,500 Php but in the US, you get to avail of the gift for as low as $23 (900+ Php) minimum purchase!



Back to my mom's gift, the set came in a colorful floral cosmetics pouch made of polyester. I really like Clinique pouches because they look really cute, very trendy and most importantly can house an enormous amount of products. 



Sample products in the pouch were safely sealed in a plastic container. 


TAKE THE DAY OFF MAKEUP REMOVER FOR LIDS, LASHES & LIPS (50 ml)
"Totally tugless, two-way formula speeds the departure of hard-to-remove eye and lip makeups. Even waterproof mascara. Safe for contact lens wearers. To use: Shake well. Saturate cotton ball. Sweep on. Wipe off. Rinse with cool water before re-applying makeup. Ophthalmologist tested." - CLINIQUE

  I'm intrigued about the formula of Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover because it's something I've seen before but never got to try. Notice the 2 transparent layers of product becoming one translucent mixture after shaking? This is what you call a biphasic cleanser which combines the effective cleansing and moisturizing properties of both water and oil-based liquid. 


DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING LOTION (30 ml)
"Step 3 in Clinique's dermatologist-developed 3-Step Skin Care System. The moisture "drink" developed to maintain optimal moisture balance for Very Dry to Dry Combination Skin Types 1 and 2. Softens, smooths, improves. Apply twice a day to face and throat all over, or where needed. See the Expert for the 3-Step products that are right for your skin type." - CLINIQUE 

This Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is by far one of the best ones I've tried. It's virtually unscented and has the consistency of a lotion which makes application a breeze. You may notice a little shine on your entire face which lasts for a few minutes. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause pimple break outs. You will notice waking up to a supple and smooth skin every morning. 


CLINIQUE COLOUR PALETTE (2.8 g)
"Play up eyes and cheeks with ultra-flattering colour. Includes two creamy eye shadows on complimentary shades. Plus fresh, silky blush to sculpt cheeks." - CLINIQUE

I love that Clinique comes up with palettes consisting of colours that compliment each other. I think it's a great palette to start with if you're just easing your way into makeup. I love the big mirror as well as the generous amount of eye shadow and powder blush. This is really a great palette to carry around in your pouch for emergency touch-ups you may need in the middle of the day. The blush is in mocha pink while the eye shadow shades include lucky penny, a metallic light pink from the Colour Surge Eye Shadow Super Shimmer line and a rich chocolate brown color from Clinique's limited edition Black Honey Quad. 


HIGH IMPACT MASCARA (3.5 ml)
"Clinique's must-have accessory for lashes. Kicks up the volume of each and every lash for a look that's plusher, longer, bolder. Pure, deep colour only adds to the impact." - CLINIQUE

I have yet to try Clinique's mascara and see for myself if it truly gives a high impact. Although I've seen good and not-so-good reviews on them, I always delay judgement on a product until I get to try them personally.


ALMOST LIPSTICK (1.2 g)
"When pure pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips, you've met your match. Each shade of sheer, glossy slip of lightweight lip colour is universally flattering yet looks a little different on everyone." - CLINIQUE

I actually got to try Clinique Almost Lipstick in a different shade (flirty honey) from Clinique's Bonus Time last year. I love the hint of color it gives and the subtle shine that compliments your natural lip color. It's comparable to a tinted lip balm that offers sheer color and excellent moisture. I think this shade looks really intimidating but I have yet to try it so I'll let you know how it goes. 



Overall, I do think that this set is amazing and can be very useful for everyone especially beginners in the makeup world. You may want to visit your nearest Clinique branch and have your skin analyzed to know which products best suit your skin type. I also recommend you to buy during Clinique Bonus Time which happens biannually in the Philippines so you can get to try their other products in sample sizes. 


Any thoughts on Clinique? Do share them on the comments section below. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day! 


2 comments :

  1. Wow so many clinique products! Thanks for the heads up on their clinique bonus time biannual event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello. I can see that you're definitely a clinique fan. Actually, I'm an avid fan of clinique because their product is good esp to those who have sensitive skins. So, my cousin is a regular customer in the clinique store abroad and U.S. that's why we have sooo many bonus sets. With this, we came up with a great idea of maybe we could start up an online business of selling clinique cosmetics for less. So if you're interested, you can visit our facebook page www.facebook.com/Ysabella.ph
    More sets are coming up this month. ;)

    ReplyDelete