SALADBOX October 2012

Tuesday, October 23, 2012


My very first Saladbox has finally arrived and I was so excited to personally receive it from the messenger yesterday. 




You may think that there's nothing too special about the packaging but for me this box became the source of my good mood the entire day. I almost took it with me so I could open it on my way to work. Good thing my emotional quotient wasn't as low so I just opened it when I got home last night.



Inside is a card that has a list of all the product samples included in the October Saladbox with a short description and retail price of each item.



First thing I noticed was the lack of protective stuffers often used when shipping fragile items but it really didn't bother me too much. I like the way they took time to arrange the samples in a girly fashion using white and pink colored paper. 



Products included are as follows in clockwise as described by Saladbox:

Virginia Olsen Minerals Eye Shadow (travel size)
Give your eyes some color with these lovely mineral makeup. 
PhP 150.00, 1 g

BC Fragrance Spiced Fig Tea Room Fragrance (travel size)
This new room fragrance from BC Fragrance surely will add up to the feel of the upcoming holiday season.
PhP 150.00, 60 ml

Black Beauty Gold Shampoo (trial size)
Nourish your hair with these fun trial sized shampoos.
PhP 90.00, 120 ml

Sakura Hand Foam Sanitizer (full size)
We have been used to hand sanitizing gels, so trying this foam sanitizer can be strange and refreshing at the same time. But hey, who doesn't like trying new stuff?
PhP 90.00, 50 ml

Hot Shoppe Pour Femme - Pink Touch (full-size)
This lovely scent is designed by the Hot Shop team for the dynamic woman.
PhP 400.00, 50 ml



This is not actually a review of the items included in the Saladbox. I just want to tell you what I think of subscribing to sample products now that I got to try it. 

PROS:
  • You're getting more than what you paid for because some of the items come in full-size. 
  • You get to try out products and discover new favorites that you never thought of buying in the first place. This is very much true with the Sakura hand foam sanitizer which I now consider a great find.
  • Products are conveniently delivered to your doorstep. 
  • Most of the products are in travel friendly sizes so you can bring them with you everyday or when you go out of town.

CONS:
  • You might not like all the items included in the box. In my case, the Hot Shoppe pour femme in pink touch is not my type of scent.
  • You may be getting more than what you paid for but in reality, you won't be buying most of these items or spend money on them so you're not totally saving.



If you're the type who loves to try new products but don't have enough time and energy to go through countless product displays at the mall, this might be the best time to subscribe to Saladbox.

 If you love trying new stuff but still want to have control over what products to try and not be surprised with items that will just end up unused or given away, then this might not be your thing. Though it wouldn't hurt to subscribe and try it for yourself first because you can always unsubscribe if you feel like it.

Overall, I am very happy with my October Saladbox. It's actually a dream come true that we have a local version of product sample subscription. Now I can't wait for my next box in November and I'm more ecstatic about the December Saladbox. I'm thinking, they might pitch in some more extras in the spirit of the holidays so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.






4 comments :

  1. are the mineral eyeshadows you got are packed? mine ksi parang bawas :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello miss anonymous.. :) the eye shadows I got were in loose powder form and quite sparse but the amount is decent enough to last for a few weeks. They weren't sealed either but I guess it's the same for everyone else so don't sweat it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi. I've made my own review on the Saladbox for October: http://lifestylemanila.blog.com/2012/10/26/saladbox-october-2012-review/
    Let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ethel,

      I love the clear images you posted in your blog. I hope to do the same with mine sometime soon.

      As for the content, I think you did a sincere review on your October Saladbox. I really meant to say "your" Saladbox because I believe it's quite individualized judging by the different eye shadow shades.

      Anyway, I admire your honesty though I hope you won't let one unsatisfactory experience get in the way of exploring other possibilities. Just keep your adventurous side intact and continue blogging!

      Delete