CLINIQUE: 3-Step Skin Care System

Tuesday, October 2, 2012


I've always been a follower of YSA skincare products especially their medicated toners. In the past years, I haven't tried any regimen as effective as what I've experienced with YSA until I tried the Clinique 3-Step Skin Care System. 

I've heard about the 3-Step System in the past years but never really considered trying it because I already have a skin care routine that works. But recently, I've been thinking of future possibilities and decided I should find a back-up regimen and luckily I did with Clinique.




Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care System:
It's literally what the doctor ordered. Clinically formulated by leading dermatologists based on their day-to-day experience with patients. Simple. Logical. Custom-fit to your skin's needs.



I was able to assemble my personalized system with the help of Clinique's sales assistant during my recent visit at their Trinoma counter. She helped me determine my skin type, dry combination, oily on the T-zone and dry on other areas. Since the bonus time included a liquid facial wash and moisturizing lotion, all I had to purchase was the clarifying lotion. 


Step 1: CLEANSE

The liquid cleanser's sample is in a squeeze out tube with a twist off cap but the full size is in a bottle with a pump. It's clear and has a slightly thick consistency. It spreads easily and lathers moderately, just enough to rid your face of accumulated dirt. It cleanses effectively without drying your skin leaving it feeling moisturized and supple.


Step 2: EXFOLIATE

Clinique's clarifying lotion #2 is for dry combination skin like mine. It's in a glazed plastic bottle with a spill  proof cap. It gives a hint of lilac color when in the bottle but looks clear on a cotton pad. The scent doesn't really bother me, but it's quite strong when applied. It doesn't sting or dry your skin. I noticed my skin improving in just a few days of use. My pimple marks seem to lighten faster than usual and I haven't had any pimple break outs.


Step 3: MOISTURIZE

This moisturizer is in a small bottle with a twist off cap but the full size has a pump dispenser. It has a smooth texture with the consistency of a lotion that spreads smoothly with ease on your face. It has a mild almost unnoticeable scent. It instantly hydrates with a slight sticky feel that goes off after a while. I do recommend this at night and it may take time before you can layer this with makeup primer at day time. 

I love that I've been waking up to a clear, supple skin every morning since I started with Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care System. I am getting more than what I expected from these simple steps. I will definitely continue this and will repurchase the full size once I run out of the sample sizes. 

By far, this is the best high end purchase I've made since I started consciously caring for my skin. I do recommend it to everyone who wants to see visible results in just a few days. If you've been out there still trying to find a skin care routine that works, why not try Clinique's? Who knows you might just save more than what you think compared to buying more affordable products that don't deliver the same results. 





No comments:

Post a Comment