STAYCATION: Makati Shangri-La Deluxe Suite

Tuesday, July 31, 2018


Hey everyone! If you saw my previous post on Instagram, you'd know I hinted on doing hotel room reviews. Today I'm featuring my latest staycation in one of the top hotels in the country, the Makati Shangri-La Hotel. If you got here by searching best hotels in the metro, then you're in the right place! Being the business capital of the Philippines, Makati is surrounded mostly by upscale establishments. Good thing this hotel boasts of sophisticated interiors and an inviting ambiance to suit everyone's taste.




I was assigned to stay in one of their Executive Rooms but due to the volume of guests, I was given a complimentary upgrade to the Deluxe Suite. It probably helped that I'm a Golden Circle member but I think they would've given the upgrade to nonmembers given the same situation. For those who aren't aware, Golden Circle is an exclusive membership program that tracks your stay at any Shangri-La Hotel and rewards you with special privileges like hotel stays, dining or spa experiences and even airline miles!




The Deluxe Suite opens into a hallway where you can find a console table and a full length mirror spanning the entire walkway. This is a great area for taking pictures or just checking your entire wardrobe before heading out.




The entrance walkway leads to a cozy living room. I like how the space isn’t crammed with bulky furnitures and can comfortably accommodate  three guests. This room features a rear  window overlooking the skyscrapers of Makati Avenue. 




The complimentary welcome fruits are one of the many perks of being a Golden Circle member. This lovely tabletop drawer containing the utensils, table napkins and plates serve as a lovely centerpiece.










On the opposite side of the living room are the entertainment area and mini bar. There’s the usual complimentary bottled water, tea, coffee and sugar. I love that the fridge is packed with a variety of drinks should you wish to avail them for an extra charge. I'm just surprised that there’s no coffee maker in sight and instead an electric kettle is provided. 




On the opposite corner of the living room is a dedicated work station. It’s furnished with a desk, basic office supplies and printer! I’m not aware if printing is free but I think cost wouldn’t matter much in crucial situations when you need to print important documents. 




I really like that the Deluxe Suite has a private bedroom best for situations when you need a nap or want to sleep ahead of your companions. It’s beautifully furnished with a king-size bed which I totally worship! If I’m asked to pick  just one thing I love from my overnight stay in Makati Shangri- La Hotel, it would be the heavenly experience of sleeping on their unbelievably soft bed, fluffy pillows and cozy comforter. The bedroom is likewise furnished with a flat screen television for late night watching of your favorite program. 




My second most favorite space is the vanity area located on one corner of the bedroom. It features a well lighted mirror in front and on both sides of the table. I like the relaxing scent of aromatherapy incense sticks they provided.




Going further into the bedroom is a walk-in closet where you'll find ample space to hang your clothes. It's equipped with a luggage rack, drawers, ironing board and safety deposit box. Other amenities included are extra pillows, bath robes, umbrella and slippers. 












This room tour wouldn't be complete without a glimpse of the bathroom. I like that it's spacious despite having the shower, toilet and bath tub in one room. Best of all, Makati Shangri-La provides L'occitane bath products! 


Overall, my stay at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel's Deluxe Suite is definitely one for the books! The fancy decor, posh amenities and excellent service will surely entice you to go back. Make sure to join their Golden Circle to start earning points and exclusive perks!




That's a wrap! Thank you for taking time reading my blog and feel free to explore the site before you go. Please subscribe if you haven't to get notified on future posts and follow me on my social media accounts by clicking the icons on the upper left side of this page. I now leave you with the view from my suite. Until next time!










No comments:

Post a Comment