ELIZABETH ARDEN: Eight Hour Cream

Saturday, July 7, 2018


Hello everyone! It's great to be back with yet another review of skincare products I've been testing out for quite some time now. I am talking about the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant and Sun Defense for Face SPF 50 PA+++.




I've heard a lot of good things about the original eight hour cream and it's been in my must-try list for a while. Good thing I got one in travel size plus another variant with sun protection from my last layover flight in Korea. 




Let's start with a cult favorite to which many swear by, Elizabeth Arden the Original Eight Hour Cream.  This miniature version comes in a tube with screw-on cover housing 30 ml of product. As the name implies, Elizabeth Arden swears by its hydrating and protective properties lasting for up to eight hours. According to their website, the name eight hours was actually coined by a devoted client who saw remarkable effects of the cream on his child's skin after eight hours of application. 




Elizabeth Arden suggests to use this cream in multiple ways. Aside from being a facial moisturizer the cream can also be used to soothe dry hands, relieve weary feet, re-hydrate chapped lips, shape the brows, prevent windburn, highlight the cheeks, smooth cuticles, nails and hair ends.




First thing I noticed is the undeniably strong scent. I almost freaked out thinking I got an expired or spoiled item. I later discovered reviews saying it does smell a little funky that others may find unappealing but not that too big a deal for me. As seen encircled on the image above, it's dark orange in color and has a thick consistency making it quite difficult to apply on your face without tugging. It makes your skin look a bit greasy on initial application but the reward of an intensively moisturized skin makes it a fair trade. I prefer using this at night so I won't have to deal with the shine. After two weeks of continued use this product has remarkably improved my skin's moisture. Likewise, it didn't irritate my skin or cause pimple break outs.




Next is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense for Face SPF 50 PA+++ which comes in a mini tube with flip cover housing 50 ml of product. Elizabeth Arden suggests daily use to protect the skin from harmful UV rays. 




Unlike the Original Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, this has a more subtle scent that doesn't linger. It's opaque white in color and has a thin consistency that resembles that of a runny lotion making it easier to apply and distribute all over your face. It has an instant brightening effect on the skin that doesn't look greasy nor leave a white cast. I love how light it feels when applied and how quickly it gets absorbed by the skin. Like the Original Eight Cream this one didn't cause any irritation or pimple break outs.




Overall, Elizabeth Arden the Original Eight Hour Cream clearly stands out as a daily moisturizer and lives up to its status as cult favorite. The Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense is a promising product that's bound to take a spot in my favorites list. You can find these and more products by Elizabeth Arden in Rustan's Department Store and if you get the chance to visit Duty Free in Incheon Airport they have a wide selection of travel sets you can choose from to try first before buying full size. 


That's a wrap! If you have any questions just leave them on the comments section below and I'll have them answered right away. To stay updated on similar posts in the future you may click here to subscribe. You can also find me on my social media accounts by clicking the respective icons on the upper left corner of this page. Thank you for reading my post and have a great week!



NOTES:
👉 Images taken using iPhone 6 Plus accessorized with iSnapxRemote
👉 Set-up by Foldio 2


No comments:

Post a Comment