My Current Skincare Regimen

Sunday, January 19, 2014



Hey guys! I've been loving the effects of my current skincare regimen which consists of different product brands that thankfully work well together on me. Read further and see if we have some things in common. 



I start the day with cleansing my face using the Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser. This has got to be the gentlest facial scrub I've ever tried. It has fine micro beads that effectively penetrate your pores yet gently formulated for everyday use. I love that a small amount is all you need to cleanse your face and neck. It retails for 1,495 Php/125 ml tube which I'm pretty sure will last a long time. 



Dr. Lopez-Nazal's Acne lotion is my holy grail for pimple prevention and treatment. I've been using it for more than a decade and though the bottle has changed several times throughout the years, the formula remains as effective. You know how some acne treatment products tend to desensitize or get less effective in time? Well this hasn't and it never failed me each time I reach out for it. You may buy this from Dr. Lopez-Nazal's Clinic in St. Luke's or at all branches of YSA Skincare Center for 492.80 Php/200 ml bottle. 



You're probably wondering why the eos lip balm made it to this list. I tell you, it's an integral part of my skin care routine. You know how your lips tend dry up after washing your face and applying toner? Well thanks to this lip balm it feels like my lips are getting the same TLC as my skin. It retails for 250 Php and you may buy it locally from online sellers. Beware of imitations though and buy only from trusted sellers like The Fab Panda



I recently blogged about the wonders of this Youth Code Pre-Essence from L'oréal. The effects are so good and visible that I never stopped using it, you can definitely tell from the amount of product left on the bottle. Although L'oréal specifically indicated to use it before your usual skin care routine, I bent a little and use it after applying my toner. I love that it has a runny consistency, spreads easily, feels light and melts easily on my skin. This is available in all L'oréal counters in leading department stores for 1,495 Php. 



My current moisturizer is none other than my all-time favorite Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I've been wanting to get the "plus" version but I still have this tube in my stash so I opted to finish it before splurging on another. I love how this moisturizer feels light yet effectively keeps your skin hydrated without looking too oily. A little goes a long way so I just put a pea size on my forehead, cheeks and chin each time. You may get this from Clinique counters in department stores and you might want to do it by March or September during Clinique Bonus Time to avail of their freebies for a minimum amount of purchase. I got this for free from Clinique Bonus Time but the full size is almost twice as big (50 ml) and comes with a pump dispenser which retails for only 1,350 Php. 



I'm slowly easing into using Shiseido products and it all started with this Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream with SPF 38, a gift from my loving fiancé. I love to use this as base for my BB Cream because it doesn't leave a white cast or feel heavy on my skin and the scent isn't to strong that it fades almost instantly after application. I'm not so sure how much this product is but my fiancé got it on sale for less than $10. I tried looking for this locally but Shiseido said we don't have it here.



Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream has always been part of my daily routine. I love the coverage and how it can go from light to medium. It gives you a brightening effect without being shiny. It has a decent staying power and still looks radiant after several hours. This 30 ml tube comes with a CC Cream of the same size and retails for 948 Php. You can also get the full size without the CC Cream for 748 Php/45 ml tube. 



After a long day, I use Ziaja Jasmine Micellar Water to remove my makeup. This product is water based but may sting a little so don't soak your cotton too much especially around your eye area. A tiny bit is all you need to melt your eye makeup and BB Cream. This 200 ml bottle has been with me for 3 months and will probably last 3 months more. It's available in Beauty Bar for only 295 Php. 


You may be wondering why I didn't mention an eye cream, this is because I haven't been using one religiously but I really plan to just as soon as I figure out which eye cream to get. So that wraps up my skin care routine for the past months. I hope you saw something that tickled your interest. Feel free to shoot me a question on any of the products mentioned and I'll attend to you as soon as I can. Thanks for reading and have a blessed week!


 ♥♥♥


1 comment :

  1. wow.. very minimal din po pala ang skincare routine nyo =) the only common thing natin ms jing is yung EOS =)

    mine's
    ♥ facial wash: Pevonia Phyto Gel Cleanser (costs 3k) and i find a dupe (for me at least) Himalaya Facial wash (it costs 70+php only for a 50ml)
    ♥ acne treatment: celeteque acne solutions (wash and serum)
    ♥ moisturizer: Laneige Water Bank Essence (i find dupe also - iWhite Moisturizer)
    ♥ sunscreen: Pevonia Hydrating Sunscreen SPF30
    ♥ toner: Mary Kay Softener
    ♥ makeup remover: Bifesta
    ♥ eyecream: celeteque brightening eyecream

    =) i think i should do a post for this too =)

    ReplyDelete