EOS: Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Sunday, April 7, 2013


I had lunch with my friends in Trinoma yesterday and we were lucky enough to discover some new stuff in Pop Culture on the 2nd level. We've been there several times before to check out new designs from Shoe Box but haven't gone there in a while. We got a little surprised to see a lot of new stalls (new to us at least) with great stuff but what really got my attention was a discreet stall near the entrance. I love that the products on display are things you wouldn't normally see in local beauty counters. They have Urban Decay, NYX, EOS among others and an assortment of generic makeup brushes laying on their tables. It was like walking into heaven.

NYX Nude on Nude Cosmetic Palette (Php 1,500)
Image courtesy of nyxcosmetics.com

For a moment there I was in awe then there it was, the ultimate mainstay on my wish list, the NYX nude on nude palette. I didn't have the heart to open it and just walk away without purchasing so I just looked at the other items on display.


EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm (Php 250)



Now this was a perfect distraction, the EOS (evolution of smooth) Smooth Sphere Lip Balm  in Pomegranate Raspberry. This alone was enough to keep me from impulsively buying the NYX Nude on Nude Palette. 





There were many "flavors" on display but there was only one Pomegranate Raspberry left so aside from the catchy color, I got hooked thinking this might be one of their best sellers.



I love that it's the most unique/cute looking lip product in my collection and I admit I was more intrigued with how it looks than how it works when I first saw it on various You Tube and blog entries. The sweet fruity scent is really amazing when you smell it from outside but once you take off the cap, it has a waxy smell which is quite a turn off in the beginning but not at all that awful to deter you from using it. 



The texture is not that extraordinary and is actually quite similar to other lip balms. It is truly moisturizing and stays on for a decent amount of time. It's not too heavy on your lips and you tend to forget you're wearing it after a few minutes of application. This only retails for $3.49 but it's being sold locally for Php 250 which is around $6 and if you think about it, there are a lot of locally available lip balms that are as moisturizing but don't cost as much. 


Overall, I think it's a good lip product but I won't be repurchasing this or the other flavors. I just think I can get the same results from other lip balms with cheaper tags. If you like breaking out of the ordinary looking lip balm, then you will love this one but if you're not at all into cute things and you prefer a more budget friendly lip balm, then this might not be the best product for you.


I feel a little awkward knowing a lot of ladies out there adore EOS and yet I don't but I still think it's a good thing because we're reminded of being different in some ways. How about you, have you tried EOS? Do share your thoughts on the comments section below.  Thanks for reading!


♥ ♥ ♥








1 comment :

  1. Honeysuckle Honeydew is my favorite EOS balm flavor :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete