A Night To Remember

Thursday, April 18, 2013


Hey guys! I felt like being gone for a month from the blogosphere then it dawned on me I wasn't after seeing my last post was just 4 days ago. That's how I love the blog community, being away from it seems like forever. Speaking of which, I was away for 3 days for the Philippine Pediatric Society's 50th Annual Convention. It was entirely fun especially on the Fellowship night at the World Trade Center where we got to see world class performers in one event! 



The event was hosted by Marc Nelson and this pretty lady whose name I forgot (sorry). 



The program started with no less than John Lesaca. I wasn't able to get pictures because we arrived a little late and got seats in the middle.



Yeng Constantino came in next so I was immediately off my seat and took pictures up close. A lot of people were just sitting and the entire space below the stage was empty when I took this shot. Needless to say that after a few brave souls dared to stay in front, a lot of others followed. 



Erik Santos looked so great in his suit, good thing my friend took the chance of approaching the stage just to take this shot even if security didn't allow it. Miss Sheryn Regis was up next but we weren't able to take pictures because at that point they didn't allow anyone near the stage except for the official photographers(boo!!!).







It's just so sad that the organizers were too strict but they loosened up after a while and realized they organized a concert, not a graduation ceremony. Nothing could stop the crowd especially when the legendary Ely Buendia came on stage with Pupil. Everyone, including me and my friends, ran towards the best spot.. right smack in front of Ely, hence the nice shots.









Arnel Pineda was the final performer of the night and rocked the house with his powerful vocals. Taking good pictures wasn't easy because he couldn't stay in place for more than a minute, he was all over the stage smiling at everyone in between singing and was constantly reaching out his hand to the crowd shaking hands. Not an ounce of arrogance can be seen or felt from his presence. Truly a world class artist with a big heart for his followers. 


The evening concluded with Arnel Pineda calling out all the other performers on stage thanking the audience for being in the event. 


Hands down, this has got to be the best Fellowship night I've attended so far. Food was decent enough, they gave away 3 Ipad minis, one of which was luckily won by one of my dear friends although it looked like our entire group won when her name was called because we cheered like crazy. Awesome line up of performers that truly reached out to all age groups. The venue was also appropriate for the event although parking was a bit of a problem. The organizers did a great job although I have to admit I got a little irritated at how they implemented security and was so strict in letting the viewers come in front to take pictures. They eventually got to their senses and realized it's rude not to let the crowd enjoy the show. Overall, the event was a big success, truly a night to remember!


 ♥ ♥ ♥








4 comments :

  1. Hi Jing! So happy you were there to see AP. If you don't mind, we'd like to feature some of your words and shots on his site. Thanks so much, and hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fabb! Thanks for dropping by and reading my post. It will be an honor for me to have my words and shots of AP featured on his site. Thank you for giving me a heads up and please feel free to ask if I can be of any assistance. You may also reach me through jing_baloy@yahoo.com. Cheers!

      Delete
    2. You did an awesome job, Jing, great photos and a vivid narrative. You are very much appreciated, felt like you took us there with you to that fabulous event. Thank for sharing AP's pics with the APR Plokker family! Say hello to sweet Sam. Take care.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much Fe! Nice to hear from you again.. I hope to see you in Manila soon. Hugs from me & Sam. :)

      Delete