BURT'S BEES: Tinted Lip Balm

Monday, February 25, 2013


Hey guys! Yesterday, I noticed my lips getting dry and flaky. I'm not sure if it's due to the cold weather we've had since the week started or because of my lip gloss. I recently started using VMV Hypoallergenics lip glitter gloss. Though I doubt it's the one causing my dilemma because I've been using it for a week now, still delayed hypersensitivity reaction is a possibility. This is why I temporarily stopped using it and got myself Burt's Bees tinted lip balm.

I got this from Beauty Bar Robinson's Galleria while window shopping during coffee break from our convention in Crowne Plaza Hotel. Good thing we did because Red Dahlia, the shade I've been eyeing since I learned about this product a couple of years ago was luckily available. This particular shade is selling like pancakes that you don't get to see them in most Beauty Bar branches.







The packaging is not too fancy, just the usual lip gloss tube sealed in a recyclable container. 





When I opened the cap, I was quite hesitant to try this on because the color looks really dark. Good thing they had sample tubes available so I immediately made swatches on my hand. Surprisingly, the shades are so sheer that even this one didn't look as dark as the actual stick.


See how it compares to my Clinique chubby stick in super strawberry? Though the shades are different, still the intensity of color is more noticeable with the Clinique chubby stick. This product glides smoothly on your lips and doesn't have a fruity or minty taste. It's virtually scent free and is super hydrating. I love the way it feels so light on your lips even after layering it several times. The color is also quite impressive because even if this shade is sheer, it naturally compliments my lips. Since this is only a tinted lip balm, retouches are necessary after a few hours. The only thing I'm not so crazy about this product is the price but for a lip balm this great, I am willing to give this a go. 


Overall, I love Burt's Bees tinted lip balm and I will definitely buy one again. I do recommend this to those who want a lip balm that can deliver superb moisture with a hint of color that looks so natural yet flattering.  


♥ ♥ ♥














1 comment :

  1. I’ve read many negative reviews about Burt’s Bees but it didn’t stop me to buy the Pomegranate flavor. I think the brand is good because they use organic ingredients.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete