Holiday Lippies Mini Haul + Review

Thursday, December 27, 2012



Like most Manila dwellers, I've been feeling the holidays in different forms such as scarcity of unoccupied cabs, crowded malls and heavy traffic. Despite these unpleasant reminders, I love the way Pinoys have the ability of blurring out the negative things and focus on the ones that make this season worth celebrating like having the time to spend with loved ones and rekindling our faith 
through "simbang gabi" (mindnight mass). 


It's also during this season that we start enjoying different Christmas treats such as mall wide sales, eating puto bumbong or bibingka (rice cake) and the most fun part, receiving gifts. 


They say that a gift doesn't only reflect the giver but it also says a lot about the recipient. For me, most of the gifts I got are makeup related (as expected) so you could just imagine my delight each time I open a present.



  

Most of the makeup related gifts I got are lip products including Etude House Apricot Stick, Cover Girl Shineblast lipgloss and Marks & Spencer Hello Kitty lipgloss set.





The Marks & Spencer Hello Kitty lipgloss set comes in different shades, Blueberry Gloss has a bright pink hue, Cherry Heaven is velvety red, Glitter Gloss is clear but filled with tiny multicolored sparkles and Strawberry Shine which has an old rose shade. These actually remind me of Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss. Since I haven't opened this yet, I'm only describing the colors as I see them on the clear tubes. Don't expect them to have the exact same shade when worn because they're just glosses and not tinted lip products. I'll keep you posted when I get to open 
and try these.





The Cover Girl Shineblast has a peach almost neutral color. I haven't used it but I'll update you soon how it looks when applied. 



Among these lip products given to me, Etude's Apricot Stick is the one I got to use. I was super excited to try it because it's my very first product from Etude. I've heard a lot of great things about Etude, good thing this Apricot Stick didn't fail to meet my expectations. 







It comes in a pen type container which basically works like a classic lip gloss where the bottom can be twisted clockwise to reveal the stick. I love that the stick is slim enough to reach either corners of my lips. It has a pleasant fruity scent 
and has a faint sweet taste. 



It glides smoothly on your lips leaving a hint of flush that looks a little shiny but not greasy or glittery. The color is more sheer than Revlon lip butters but it stains more compared to a regular lip gloss. It's also very hydrating and has average staying power which I don't really mind because retouching is so easy. 


Overall, I love this Etude House Apricot Stick that I intend to buy one for myself when this runs out. I also recommend this to anyone who would love to try a very nice lipgloss which can be worn alone or on top of your favorite lip color. 

♥ ♥ ♥


NOTES:
  • I got an SMS from BDJ saying that the December box is due for delivery on the 2nd week of January and will actually be considered as December-January box. I think it's quite disappointing especially since I've been expecting it to be delivered before new year.
  • I am LOVING Pinterest so much. I'm getting tons of ideas about all sorts of things.
  • I registered as a member of Michelle Phan's website and I'm loving her Christmas giveaways. I just hope I win.. :)














1 comment :

  1. I am not sure where you're getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.
    My page :: dark spots on skin

    ReplyDelete