THURSDAY THRIFT: Maybelline the Hypercurl Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara

Thursday, June 16, 2016



Hello lovely readers! It's Thursday once again and you all know what that means, it's Thursday Thrift time. But before I plunge into my featured product, I would like to say a few words about life in general. I recently witnessed one of the best wedding ceremonies I've ever attended and when you see genuine happiness from all your friends and family you get to realize how beautiful life can be. So spread love and kindness whenever you can! To our good friends JB and Mai, we wish you a happy life together. Stay in love as always. 




Now back to regular programming, I'm a self-confessed makeup enthusiast but I'm a late bloomer when it comes to using mascara. Years later, I'm still quite aloof but I'm finally getting the hang of it. One of the brands that made it easy for me to join the mascara bandwagon is Maybelline's Hypercurl Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara. It comes in this really cute black tube with metallic pink cover, a really nice addition to my vanity table. I like that it's in a standard size so it fits my makeup kit perfectly. 




This mascara comes with a curved applicator surrounded by bristles that are tapered on the edge. I love that the shape snugly conforms to the natural concave of my eyes. The tapered tip of the wand makes it easier to reach the lashes on the outer corners of my eyes. I'm really impressed how the bristles glide smoothly between my lashes and how it's true to its claim of providing volume even to my sparse lashes. The formula has just the right amount of moisture, not too wet nor too dry so it sets fairly quick. Interestingly enough, it barely clumps my lashes even after applying more than a couple of coats. It hardly bleeds nor flakes for hours but melts with any regular makeup remover. 




Overall, this waterproof mascara is so freaking awesome that it's holy grail material. It's locally available and best of all it only costs Php 199. If you're a mall lurker, you might be able to swag this for only Php 149 during a flash sale like I did. That's about everything guys, thank you for spending time reading my post. Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment