MAC: Mineralize Moisture Foundation & Mineralize Skinfinish

Tuesday, December 22, 2015


Hey everyone! Most of you might not know it, but I'm actually a late bloomer when it comes to wearing makeup. My first three decades of existence is pretty much cosmetics free except during special occasions when it's necessary to look all made up. As expected of a lady, I inched my way in to the world of make up. I started with wearing lip and cheek tints, BB Cream and a single shade eye shadow then evolved into using lipstick, blush, foundation, combination of eye shadow colors, eye liner and brow pencil. Needless to say that I've come across tons of different brands but I still have a lot of must-try products on my list and good thing I had two of them crossed out just recently.


I was planning on getting MAC items from Hong Kong  Duty Free since a friend told me they're much cheaper but I caved in and got the MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation and Mineralize Skinfinish after passing by Edsa Shangri-La Mall a couple of months ago.


The MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation comes in this adorable 30 ml frosted glass container. I like the pump dispenser and how you can twist it sideways to easily lock the nozzle. 




This foundation is runny so applying it with my fingertips works quite well. Whenever I feel like using a brush, I reach for my flat top brush which makes applying a breeze. It's actually better when you distribute the product on your face with your fingers then use a brush to spread and even it out. It has a faint chemical smell which goes off almost immediately after application. 


It melts like butter on your skin and blends beautifully. I love how this foundation instantly gives you a healthy glow with its light-reflecting minerals. If you get the correct shade, like I did with NC 30, this foundation will give you sheer to medium coverage that effectively evens out skin imperfections and diminishes fine lines. Although it has a natural satin finish, with my combination skin, it tends to get shiny on the T-zone after several hours. I usually dab an oil-control film on and retouch using the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. Having an SPF 15 is an added feature but I still recommend using a separate sunblock underneath with at least an SPF 30 to shield you from the harmful rays of the sun. Staying power is quite impressive because it stays on and keeps looking better towards the end of the day. The only drawback I could think of is the price but this bottle will surely last long because a small amount is enough to cover your face and neck. 


The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish now comes in a black opaque compact unlike the old packaging which has a transparent top that sort of looks like MAC blushes but bigger. It houses approximately 10 grams of the product which I'm confident will last long. I love the matte feel of the container as well as the magnetic closure that snaps tightly when closed. 


It now features a standard round mirror but it doesn't have an applicator. This is a baked mineral powder that's dome-shaped. It has a transparent plastic cover to keep the powder from getting into the mirror. 


Looking closely, you can certainly recognize that it's a mineral powder because of the fine illuminating particles. It has a faint chemical smell that's almost unnoticeable. A light swirl of your face brush picks up a good amount even when you tap off the excess. On application, this feels velvety soft and gives your skin a radiant glow. I love how you can use it either as a highlight to accentuate certain features of your face or blend all over for a sheer, luminous finish. I'm impressed with how it gives a polished, nearly flawless look yet feels light on your skin. It beautifully sets your foundation and is equally great for touch-ups. 


Downside is the hefty tag which can be overlooked with the good quality you're getting. This compact doesn't come with an applicator so you still need a separate sponge or a handy brush if you want to bring it with you. Shade selection may be tricky since they're limited to only six so make sure to have a MAC sales rep  assist you in getting the right shade. I'm an NC 30 and I got the Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium. Also, you need to be careful not to drop the compact because this powder is more vulnerable to destruction. It actually happened to me and I almost cried when the dome part fell off and broke into pieces. Although I once saw on YouTube how to put together a broken compact powder by mixing in alcohol and molding it back to its pan, I'm afraid it might alter the formula. Thankfully, there's still a good amount left in the pan so I just transferred the rest to another container. 


Overall, I am highly convinced that these Mineralize products from MAC are worth the splurge. I can't remember the exact price for both products but I remember paying a little over Php 2,000 for  each. You can purchase either one and still love them individually but combining them is even more awesome! There you go, if you have any questions feel free to use the comments section below and I'll have them answered as soon as I can. Thank you for your time and have a Merry Christmas!


♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment