MAC: Amplified Creme Brick-O-La Lipstick

Sunday, December 13, 2015


Confession: I'm not a regular lipstick user. I usually put on a lip moisturizer, allow it to settle for a few minutes then top it with a tinted lip balm. I'm fond of using Clinique Chubby Sticks and not even the Intense type. I've been gifted with tons of lipsticks in the past and ended up passing them on to my mom except for one particular product, the MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in the shade Double Shot. So when I finally decided to incorporate the use of lipsticks into my daily look, I chose to get a shade from the same line. 


Now I'm back with another make up review this time on a lipstick that I've been rocking since I opened the tube, MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La. The last time I visited a MAC counter was in Shangri-La Mall about a month ago. I was overwhelmed with the array of choices and was undecided which shade to get. Instead, I got the MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation and Mineralize Skinfinish. 




When shopping for a lip color, personally trying on the lipstick is still the best way to go. If you have a favorite lipstick of a different brand, you can bring it with you and have the MAC beauty expert find the same shade. It's like looking for a dupe in reverse. With all the colors MAC lipstick offers, it's impossible not to find the perfect match. In my case, I requested for a shade similar to my Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunkiest Chili. I was lucky to be assisted by a very accommodating sales rep in Trinoma who, after a few minutes, came up with the perfect match.




The nearest shade to my favorite Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunkiest Chili is the MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La. It comes in a familiar black and silver bullet casing with a snap on cap which looks so chic on anyone's makeup bag. The stick appears darker than how it looks when applied on my lips. It gives off a rosy brick shade with a berry tint which makes a beautiful everyday color for different types of complexion across the board. 


Like all the shades from the Amplified Creme line, this lipstick glides smoothly on the lips even without being prepped with a lip balm. It doesn't dry out the lips or settle on the creases to accentuate dryness. It offers excellent pigmentation and a single swipe gives off a rich creamy finish. The color lasts for a good 4 to 6  hours before it starts to wear off and retouch is needed. 


Overall, the MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La is a beautiful shade to wear everyday that I highly recommend to all of you. The only downside is the hefty tag which sells for Php 1,000 each. If you want to invest on a good lipstick, MAC Amplified Creme Lipsticks are a great choice. It's just a matter of style and preference which shade to get but make sure to ask assistance from official MAC sales reps to help you decide. 


That's it guys. As always, I would like to thank you for visiting my site and reading my posts. If you have anything to say do share them with me on the comments section below. Have a great week everyone!


♥♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment