SAMPLE ROOM: VOV Span Mascara

Sunday, August 17, 2014



Hey guys! My recent package from Sample Room consisted of the Nivea In-Shower Whitening Skin Conditioner, featured in my last post and VOV Span Mascara which is the topic of my entry today.


I'm not really familiar with VOV products but it's being distributed by The Face Shop, one of the leading Korean boutiques in the country. This is my first time to try a product from VOV so I used it right away to see how it fairs. 


The mascara comes in a 4 ml sample tube with a curved applicator that's densely packed with bristles.


The VOV Span Mascara has a wet formula that it tends to smudge big time on your lower lids. I don't like the way it makes my lashes clump on the tips making them look more sparse than they already are. The formula weighs down your lashes so much that it can't hold up the curl. The label doesn't say which product I got, the volumizing or the curling variety but based on experience, it didn't fulfill both features so I'm still clueless which one I have. Staying power is a good 6 to 8 hours with minimal flaking. This mascara is surprisingly difficult to remove with regular washing so I suggest you use an oil based makeup remover to really melt the formula before you wash it off.


Overall, this product reminds so much of how I despised putting on mascara during my early years of using makeup. I won't spend a whopping Php 985 for a mascara that clumps, smudges and weighs down your lashes. Good thing I only got it for free from Sample Room. This experience made me appreciate Sample Room even more especially their "try before you buy" concept that truly empowers consumers. 


Any thoughts on the VOV Span Mascara? I'd like to know what you have to say so please leave them on the comments section below. Thank you for reading and have a great week!


♥♥♥











4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Juvy, thanks too for taking the time to read my post. :)

      Delete
  2. Where did you purchase your VOV Span Mascara? Honestly, this is the first time I heard this brand.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Aveeno Philippines

    ReplyDelete