CLIO: Kill Cover Liquid Founwear Cushion & Highest Wear Primer Set

Sunday, October 1, 2017





Hello lovely readers! I am back with another review on a beauty brand familiar to those who love Korean products, I'm referring to none other than CLIO Professional. A few months ago, Club Clio opened a flagship store in Trinoma Mall and it got me so interested after hearing a lot of good things about their liquid foundation. This is why I didn't think twice and got myself a set of Kill Cover Liquid Founwear Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++.




I recall being assisted by one of their lovely sales personnel whose name I can't remember. What stuck with me was how she graciously helped in finding the right product and shade to match my NC 30-35 skin tone. I ended up getting the Clio Kill Cover Set which includes a cushion compact, primer and foundation. 












The compact looks pretty simple on photos but it's definitely more chic than the one I have from Laneige. It comes with a wide mirror, the usual sponge and a cushion foundation underneath the seal. Dispensing the product actually depends on how much pressure you apply on the sponge but I suggest to use light taps on initial use to get just the right amount you need. 


The foundation is unscented and looks a bit hydrating on initial application. Dabbing the applicator on my face is how I usually apply it. You may also use a damp sponge if you prefer. Once applied, it feels wet and a little sticky. If you have combination to oily skin, you may need to use a finishing powder to set it. Otherwise, leaving it alone might suit those with dry skin. This foundation lasted a good four hours before it started to oil up my T-zone. Some of the product can be seen to have faded after six hours especially evident on oil blotting sheets. This product didn't break me out or irritate my skin.






The downside is they only come in a three shades hence you might fail finding a perfect match. Sadly though, the darkest shade called ginger still looks too fair on my skin. I did however, tried correcting it with a warmer shade of finishing powder but it didn't work too well. The white cast was still evident and looked unnatural. 








The Kill Cover Highest Wear Primer comes in this 20 ml glass bottle with a screw cap. The container has a wide spout which makes dispensing a bit of a challenge. I'm also not thrilled with how the product spills a bit once opened despite being tightly sealed by the cover. 






The product itself is also unscented, has a pearly blush color and is a bit runny. A couple of pea-sized drops is enough to prime your entire face. It spreads easily and gives your skin an instant glow when freshly applied. I honestly can't tell a significant difference with and without its use underneath the Clio Kill Cover Founwear except for the added shine. 




Overall, the Clio Kill Cover Liquid Founwear and Highest Wear Primer are good products to try if:
1. You have a fairer skin than NC 30
2. You have normal to dry skin type
3. You're fond of luminous or evidently hydrating makeup


That's about everything! If you have any questions just leave them on the comments section below. Thank you for watching and have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment