PRODUCT EMPTIES

Saturday, July 29, 2017


Hey everyone! I'm back with an empties post which is very timely because I've finished a pile of skincare products recently. Since I started doing the 10 steps to Korean skin care, my stockpile of used products have doubled, making it a little more challenging for me to keep the reviews coming. You know how we sometimes put off doing a task until it's too late and you end up skipping it completely? I tend to have those with newly acquired products which is why I decided to do an empties post instead to let you in on what I've used up in the past months.




Here are six different skin and body care products that I've emptied out completely. Some of them I've had for quite a while now and had to remember having in my stash while a few of them are so good I had to squeeze them out to the last drop. I'll start the review in the order of how I use them so let's get started.



VMV Hypoallergenics id Skin-Buffing Cleansing Scrub

This cleansing scrub from VMV is a mainstay in my skin care routine since the first day I tried it. I love that it's moderately saturated with just the right amount of beads. A dime-sized dollop coupled with a few circular strokes is all you need to get it to effectively unclog your pores without drying your skin. I love how it makes me feel refreshed each time I use it. It's a bit pricey for a facial scrub but believe me when I say you'll get your money's worth. Funny how I rave about this product to my friends yet haven't done a single review on it ever. Good thing it found its way here!



VMV Hypoallergenics id Anti-Acne Toner

Here's another product from VMV Hypoallergenics' id line, the Anti-Acne Toner which comes in a chic glass bottle. It's a clear toner that you'd mistake for water except that it has a distinct smell that reminds me of isopropyl alcohol. It can cause a few stings on your skin upon initial use but it didn't burn my skin nor cause any visible peeling. I remember using this several times and forgot about it. Despite the cap being closed tightly, there was only about 10 mL left when I found it. I don't hate it but I'd rather not repurchase and stick to the id Monolaurin Gel instead.



Guerisson 9-Complex Skin

This next product kept me guessing for a while if it's a toner, essence or serum. The name didn't give much of a clue so I had to see the product insert. As the brand states, the Guerisson 9-Complex SKIN  serves as a toner despite having the consistency of a serum, like the way most Korean toners are. It's a semi opaque viscid fluid that feels a little sticky on application. I use it by pouring just enough on my palm and patting it directly on my face. I actually brought some of this with me in the US to keep my routine in tact while on vacation. After months of twice daily use, I'm quite disappointed not to see any obvious difference on my skin which is why I'm not repurchasing and will be looking for another brand to try out soon.



Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting UV Cream Moisturiser SPF 30

Olay was the very first non-derma skin care product I splurged on back in college. Back then, only a few varieties were familiar to me and sold in the local market. Nowadays, Olay has more than a few product lines that target skin concerns of women from different ages. From Olay Total Effects, I inched my way to their Regenerist line and the Micro-Sculpting Cream Moisturiser with SPF 30 in particular is one of my ultimate favorites. It comes in a 50 mL hard plastic container with a pump. It has the consistency of a light cream that applies easily and feels weightless on the skin. I love that it doesn't smell anything like a sunblock nor give a white cast. It gets absorbed quickly and it gives your skin a soft glow without looking oily. This is definitely a product worth repurchasing.



Skin Food Premium Tomato Whitening Finisher SPF 50+ PA+++

For starters, I totally forgot about having this in my stash. I got it together with other Skin Food products but this one didn't quite make it as a favorite. It comes in a 50 mL tube with a snap on cover. This product appears opaque white, fades on application but leaves a bit of a white cast especially when you use too much. It feels a bit sticky on application and leaves your face looking shiny so stay away from this product if you have oily skin. Despite not liking this product, I continued using it sparingly topped with a matte primer. I remember cringing on the price which is also another reason why it's a definite no on my list of items to repurchase.



Belo Essentials Whitening Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

This travel size deo from Belo Essentials was given to me during a movie premier. I love that the size is just right to take with you during travels. It has the classic roller-ball dispenser with a screw-on cap. It gives a fresh floral scent that doesn't linger, feels creamy on application and dries off in a few minutes. I love that it keeps my underarms from too much sweating all day. Although I didn't see any whitening effect on my skin after finishing up this tiny bottle, I still noticed my underarms have become smoother. This is definitely a product I'll keep repurchasing.


That's a wrap guys! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and please check out other related entries on this blog before you leave. Don't forget to subscribe via bloglovin' to get updates on my upcoming posts.


💁FYI:
👉Photos taken using iPhone6 Plus
👉Set-up by Foldio 2


No comments:

Post a Comment