TOO FACED: Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick

Monday, August 7, 2017





Hey everyone! I'm here to make a review on a product I admittedly bought without batting an eyelash simply because it was recommended by a celebrity. I am talking about the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick recommended by the queen of talk herself, Miss Kris Aquino who's now invading the You Tube scene with her lifestyle know-how. 




I admire those who look great wearing matte lip colors but every time I try one on, my lips tend to look cracked and unhealthy. This is why I prefer using tinted lip balms instead or cream lipsticks until I got my hands on this lip product. I didn't get the exact shade Kris recommended so I ended up choosing my own shade called chihuahua which has a nude mauve color. I was actually more concerned about the formula being nourishing despite the matte finish.










This comes in a squeeze type tube with a screw-on cover housing 12 mL of the product. It has a sponge tip applicator that actually stains forever once you start using it. So if you're a neat freak, you might not like how this works but I'm quite neutral about it. Remember to lightly squeeze the tube or you'll be dispensing more than you actually need. Another downside about the packaging is once the liquid comes out, there's no turning back. I also noticed seeing a dot of product on the sponge every time I use it which is probably due to the tube being repeatedly squeezed inside my bag.




It has a faint pleasant scent with a formula that's comparable to a thick cream. It applies easily and dries up to a matte finish in seconds. What I love about it is how it feels lightweight on the lips and how the finish looks creamy matte instead of downright dry. A tiny dot of this product is enough to pack on a rich tint of pigment. It's not transfer proof and only lasts a little longer than regular cream lipsticks, around four to six hours max.




Overall, I'm loving this liquified lipstick to bits! It's the only matte lip product I've tried so far that looks good on me. It's a bit of a splurge on my part since I got it off Sephora for $21 (Php 1,000+) but I do plan to repurchase in the distant future. However, if Too Faced comes up with the same formula in a different packaging, I might consider repurchasing sooner rather than later.


That's about everything! If you like getting updates on future reviews please subscribe by clicking this link. Thank you for taking the time to read through this post and have a great week ahead!

                               

💁 FYI: 
👉 Item bought from Sephora in JCPenney, North Aurora Town Center 
👉 Photos taken using iPhone 6 Plus


No comments:

Post a Comment