COSRX: AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

Sunday, July 23, 2017


If you're a frequent reader of my blog, you'd know how much I love to try new products especially those related to skincare. This is why I always keep an eye on great discounts in the beauty section of Landmark and SM every chance I get. Problem is, there are many must-have products not available in the local market. Luckily, we now have reliable online shops that cater to our various needs.




Speaking of must-haves, I've been wanting to try the Korean brand Cosrx but they're pretty hard to come by in Manila. Last time I had a layover flight in Incheon, I was broken hearted not to see any of them in the beauty counters of Duty Free. Good thing I was invited by BeautyMNL to give their shopping site a try and I finally got my hands on at least one them.




The COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner comes in a plastic bottle holding 150 ml of the product. I actually love how minimalist the container appears and that it comes with a spray which I initially thought I could use to dispense the toner directly on my face. As it turns out, the instructions say to spray it on a cotton pad then gently massage on your face.







Let's talk about ingredients shall we? As stated on the box, this product is a low pH toner that maintains the skin's optimal pH level. It contains Mineral Water, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Lactate, Glycolic Acid, Betaine Salicylate, Allantoin, Panthenol and Ethyl Hexanediol. I'm no expert but I do know that ingredients are listed in order from the greatest to the least amount so despite the long list of contents,  it's still a safe product for daily use.




Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHA are a group of water soluble natural fruit acids such as Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, and Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water. They are known to remove dead skin cells, moisturize, improve skin pigmentation and texture. This is probably why after two weeks of twice daily use my skin appears more even-toned and my melasma has been tamed to a level where I don't need full coverage makeup to conceal it.




Beta Hydroxy Acids or BHA are fat soluble organic acids such as Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, and Betaine Salicylate. These are known to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and overall skin texture. I haven't noticed any reduction of fine lines but I have noticed my skin feeling smoother. The rest of the ingredients listed like Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol and Panthenol are humectants or substances used in preserving moisture.


This is a clear toner with a faint scent that doesn't make you noxious. I like that it doesn't sting when applied or leave your skin feeling tingly. I've been using it day and night after cleansing my face for a couple of weeks now. The most obvious change I've seen on my skin so far is how it looks more even-toned without evident skin peeling. I love that it's a gentle yet effective skin revitalizer.




The only downside I see is that they're not widely available in local stores but you can still avail Cosrx from where I got mine, in BeautyMNL. Go on over to their site and see all the great stuff they offer. I actually got the Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner at a discounted price of Php 657 and what's more awesome is BeautyMNL delivered my order the next day! That's the fastest delivery service I've experienced from a local online shop. While you're visiting the site, you may want to check out their in-house magazine, Bloom and reviews section, Beauty By You for useful health and beauty tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment