ULTA: beauty haul

Tuesday, May 9, 2017





Every skincare and makeup junkie out there can understand how thrilled I was after finally stepping inside an ULTA store. I was in awe seeing the display of various brands and products that I literally gasped. There was just too much to see but I had to browse through them quickly since we had to leave for a lunch meeting with friends.  




My first ever ULTA visit was short yet sweet and definitely unforgettable. It was on Easter Sunday, my second day in Chicago and my husband thoughtfully suggested to take me to the store just to look around. There was a buy 2 get 1 deal offer on selected NYX products so who was I to resist right? Although NYX already has a flagship store in Manila, the prices are still way more expensive compared to here so I got myself a couple of items to take home.




Once I got to NYX's shelf it took me a short while before I finally decided to pick up three things.  I didn't want to get something I already have so I went for those that I've heard good stuff about and picked up two of the NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer and a bottle of the NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray.




The NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer comes in a 30 mL squeeze-type tube with a frosted pink cap. The container has a tiny spout which allows you to easily control the amount of product to dispense. It has a smooth, velvety formula that can be easily applied on your skin. This primer blurs out your pores, creates an even canvas for your makeup and prolongs makeup wear time. I've used this a couple of times now and it hasn't irritated my skin or caused any break outs.




The NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray comes in a 60 mL spray bottle with a transparent cap. Although the container looks pretty standard, I was quite impressed at how each actuation produces a fine mist. This primer is unscented and a few sprays is enough to cover your entire face. It effectively sets my makeup transforming it into a less powdery and more even finish. I love how it doesn't make my powder appear cracked or dry. 




Since we were there on Easter Sunday, I was given a beauty treat by a sales assistant. She handed me an egg shaped container housing a sample of the Clinique 7 day scrub cream. It has a mild distinct smell that goes off after application. The cream has tiny granules that feel invigorating once applied on the skin and not at all abrasive. This product didn't irritate my skin or cause break outs although i have yet to see how it works for my combination skin after prolonged use. 


That's a wrap guys! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and do check out other related posts before you leave. You may share your thoughts or shoot questions on the comment box below and I'll have them answered as soon as I can. Have a great week!








No comments:

Post a Comment