TARGET: beauty haul

Thursday, May 11, 2017


Hey everyone! I'm recently loving the look of foundation and concealer on my skin but because I've been a BB Cream junkie for so long, I honestly don't know much about foundation and concealer. This is why it excites me to discover the ones that work well on me. I've tried a number of foundations and a couple of concealers but I'm still on the look out for more. So when I set foot on a Target branch in Florida one fine day, I knew exactly where to go and what to get. 




I found a bunch of familiar brands at the makeup aisle such as Rimmel, L'Oreal, Physicians Formula, NYX, Milani, Maybelline, Cover Girl, elf, Revlon and Sonia Kashuk. There were also others that are new to me like Honest Beauty, Pacifica, IMAN, Black Radiance, Jane and a few more I can't remember. I didn't intend to buy anything but because I was running out of concealer, I got myself a new tube of the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer and since I haven't tried the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation, I also got myself a bottle.




The Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation comes in a 30 mL glass bottle with a screw cap. Although it's really not that big of a deal, I would've loved a pump dispenser instead of the bottle having a wide spout. 

Consistency | Application
This foundation is unscented and has a thin, runny consistency. It applies on smoothly and blends easily using a damp sponge. I usually put a small dollop on the back of my hand, pick up from there and dot the foundation on my face. I start on areas where I need coverage the most, like on the sides of my forehead and nose, under my eyes and the sides of my cheek then blend away from there with a damp beauty blender. 

Coverage | Longevity 
This foundation feels light on the skin and has a dewy finish. Putting on a thin amount gives you the look of a tinted moisturizer that appears very natural. You can build this up to medium coverage without the risk of looking cakey although packing on more layers necessitates the use of finishing powder and setting spray for a more beautiful finish. I find that adding concealer further helps with achieving better coverage. Using this foundation alone gives you a luminous glow that can  hold up for a few hours during cold months. Wear time can be extended for a couple more hours when set with powder and fixing spray. 

Indication | Use
The foundation being labeled dewy gives the impression that it's suitable for dry skin. I have combination skin and this foundation still works well on me especially when lightly layered with powder and setting spray. If you have oily skin, this foundation may still work for you with proper oil control measures. 




The L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer comes in a small plastic tube with a brush applicator attached under the screw-on cap. The size is just right for travel but may only last a couple of months after daily use. I like how the tube is transparent so it's easy to know how much product is left. 

Consistency | Application
This concealer is unscented and has a light creamy texture that applies quite easily thanks to the brush applicator. I like how it doesn't immediately dry off after application giving me enough time to distribute and blend it evenly. Whenever I need to achieve better coverage I apply this under my eyes, the sides of my nose, forehead, cheeks and chin. I love how the cream consistency doesn't dry off easily, buying you enough time to blot it with a damp sponge. 

Coverage | Longevity
The product feels weightless on the skin and has a velvety finish. A gentle swipe of the brush is enough to achieve medium to full coverage. It doesn't settle on my creases or appear cakey even when set with powder. I love how it stays put for a good six hours before it starts to fade off on a cool day. 

Indication | Use
Nothing on the package tells you if this concealer is intended for a specific skin type but I think it's suited for everyone. In my case, this product has worked so well for my combination skin in the past months that it's currently my go-to concealer.


That wraps up my Target beauty haul for this entry. I do hope this post has helped you in any way and if you have comments or questions please leave them on the space provided below. Thank you for your time and have an amazing day!




2 comments :

  1. Hi Jing! I miss you already! I hope the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation will arrive here in the Philippines soon so I could try it specially after I read that it can give up to medium coverage. This foundation will be great for everyday use. :) www.allaboutbeauty101.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Why did I miss seeing this comment??? Thanks for replying and I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete