SASA: Shu Uemura S Curler Dupe

Wednesday, February 5, 2014






Hey guys! I've been wanting to try Shu Uemura's S Curler for the longest time but the price has kept me from buying one. Good thing a friend who recently travelled to Hong Kong found me a dupe from Sasa. 



This post is just a quick review on this new tool, the KOJI Eyelash Curler which looks and functions pretty similar with the S Curler.  



This tool is housed in a hard plastic box and as you can see on the back it only retails for HK $49 or 300 Php.



If you're not familiar with the Shu Uemura S Curler, there's a really big possibility you'd mistake this tool for a tweazer. 



Above image shows that the S Curler dupe looks smaller compared to a regular eyelash curler. 



It may also look peculiar since the portion intended to curl your lashes is quite narrow but the innovative design allows you to curl hard to reach lashes like those on the inner corners of your eyes. The downside is it takes a while until you get your desired look since you have to go around each eye 3 times. 



See how it looks so tiny compared to the regular eyelash curler? I was also concerned about getting my eyes poked when I first tried this tool but I eventually got the hang of it. Best tip I can give you is to let the metal part rest on your eyelids then curl away. You also need to use this tool carefully because it tends to pluck some of your lashes.



This eyelash curler came with a spare rubber. You can see it only spans 1 centimeter so if you have wider eye lids you may need to go around your lashes more than several times. 



Here's a comparison shot to give you a better idea of the size.



Overall, I think this tool is quite promising. I love that the design allows you to curl hard to reach areas like the corners of the eye. It effectively curls your lashes once you get accustomed to the proper way of using it. Sadly, I can't highly recommend it to everyone especially busy ladies who want a speedy morning ritual. This tool might frustrate you when you're in a hurry because it takes a little more time to use. It's not at all a bad tool because you can still use it with your regular curler although using it alone is a totally different story. 



I can't say for sure if the Shu Uemura S Curler does a better job but I'll keep you posted once I get the chance to try it. So what are your thoughts? Do share them with me on the commnets section below. Thanks for reading and have a great day!



♥♥♥






1 comment :

  1. This one looks very different from the other eyelash curler I've seen but I think it's designed that way to get better result.

    ReplyDelete