COVERGIRL: Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

Saturday, February 22, 2014




Hey guys! It's been a while since my last post. I haven't had much spare time to make reviews lately but I plan to do at least three on products I've been loving so far hopefully before February ends. 



I recently browsed the beauty section of Landmark Trinoma and bought several items I've been meaning to try out. Covergirl Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm tops my "must try" list which is why my smile was from ear to ear when I saw a variety of shades on display. After trying on a dozen of them, I found myself torn between two shades. So to save myself the trouble of having to choose just one, I got them both!


First shade that got my attention was #230 berry twist. The packaging is pretty much the same as the other jumbo lip balms except that the shade name is printed on the wrapper. Better try to remember the shade name because you won't be seeing them once you've peeled off the seal. Although you can still check out the shade number on the base.



Berry twist, as expected, shows off a color between red and purple. I love how it looks youthful yet professional. It's the kind of color you can actually wear everyday to work. 



Shade #250 scarlet twist was my second pick from the bunch. 


 

I have to admit, I got a little intimidated just by looking at the stick's bright red color. I almost didn't try it on but I'm glad I did because the shade is really pretty! Not the scarlet red that ages you, but a gorgeous red that screams of sophistication. This is suitable for an everyday look but you can also get away with it on a night out with friends. 



These jumbo lip balms are virtually unscented. The stick may look matte but the formula is quite moisturizing that it glides smoothly on your bare lips. The shade falls between sheer to medium but is pretty much buildable to give your puckers a pop of color. I also love that it gives a subtle shine and a touch of tiny sparkles. 



Staying power isn't as impressive which I don't really mind since I love reapplying these often. The Covergirl Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm may not be as pricey at 450 Php compared to Clinique Chubby Sticks that go for 950 Php but it's not cheap either especially when the stick is only around 3.8 grams and not even over an inch long. 


Image courtesy of Covergirl

Despite the price, I still recommend this product to those of you who want an affordable yet good quality jumbo lip balm. I'll be buying several other shades in the future, besides, one can't have too many lip products right? So have you tried these lip balms from Covergirl? What are your thoughts? Do leave them on the comments section below. Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day!


♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment