ELF: Black Friday 2018 Haul

Sunday, December 9, 2018





Hey everyone! I'm reporting all the way from Chicago and I'll be blogging from this side of the planet until the new year so expect more holiday hauls in the next couple of months. If you find anything that interests you, just let me know on the comments section below and I'll be more than happy to answer your questions or better yet make a detailed review.





For today's post, I'll be sharing with you my first ever Black Friday haul featuring all things elf. I wasn't suppose to get into the shopping fever and was just browsing online to check out great deals. Of all the promos online, elf had the best deal with half price off the entire purchase and the rest is history!



PROFESSIONAL SET OF 12 BRUSHES ($12)


First thing that caught my attention was this set of 12 brushes unbelievably priced at $12 which I got for only $6 after discount. I would've loved a brush roll but individual plastic containers were provided instead. I like the simple design of white wooden handles with silver ferrules. The bristles are densely packed and insanely soft! The set includes a smudge eye sponge, lip defining brush, eyeshadow brush, blending eye brush, defining eye brush, eyelash & brow wand, brow comb & brush, foundation brush, bronzer brush, total face brush, concealer brush and eyeliner brush. 



STIPPLE BRUSHES, small & regular ($3/pc)


I'm used to applying foundation with a sponge but after hearing good reviews on the elf stipple brush, I had to get one eventually. Elf stipple brush comes in 2 sizes, regular and small. Both brushes have black wooden handles and ferrules. As expected of a stipple brush, elf is loosely packed with double length bristles. I like how soft and nonabrasive these brushes are, truly a bonus for the very affordable price. 



INSTANT LIFT BROW PENCIL ($2/pc)


Among all the elf products I bought, the one I'm most excited about is the instant lift brow pencil. I'm thinking of giving these to friends back home if they turn out good. It looks like a standard eyebrow pencil with a retractable liner on one side and a spoolie on the other end. I like the idea of never having to sharpen the pencil although it may be a bit of a problem when it gets blunt over time. These come in 3 shades, taupe, neutral brown and deep brown. I got neutral brown which elf suggests for those with medium brown hair.



CLEAR BROW & LASH MASCARA ($2/pc)


As much as I want to flaunt thick and long lashes, I just can't simply because I don't have them. Despite having good mascaras in my stash, I prefer curling my lashes instead. I've thought of using a clear mascara but we don't have a lot of them available in Manila. This is why I didn't think twice in getting the lash mascara from elf. What's even better is it's a dual ended mascara for lashes and brows. I'm hoping it can do both jobs well.



SOLID BRUSH & SPONGE CLEANSER ($4/pc)


Another product I've been itching to try is a cleansing soap for brush and sponges. Luckily, elf has one so I got 3 of them. I like that it's just the right size and comes in a carrying case for ease of packing during travel. 



LIP EXFOLIATOR ($3/pc)


I never imagined using a lip exfoliator until I experienced having really dry lips here in Chicago. This is why I never bought one back home despite being available in different brands. Apparently, elf has one in lipstick form which I'm loving to bits. This comes in 6 different flavors namely brown sugar, sweet cherry, rose, mint maniac, coconut and pink grapefruit. 



GOTTA GLOW LIP TINT ($6)


Lastly, I got a tube of elf's gotta glow lip tint. It comes in a sleek reflective bullet and clear cap. This is available in 3 shades like pink, berry and peach. The name it self reminds me so much of the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm. Hopefully, the similarity extends beyond the name.




Overall, I'm pretty much happy with my elf purchase mainly because these are so affordable even without the half price off promo! I'll be testing some of these in the following weeks to see how they fare. If you have your eye on any of the products in this haul that you want to know more about, let me know on the comment box and I'll try them out first for you. 


That's a wrap! Please subscribe to get notified on future posts by clicking the bloglovin' icon on the sidebar. You may also follow me on social media by hitting the corresponding icons on the upper left corner of this page. Thank you and have a great day ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment