STAYCATION: Makati Shangri-La

Wednesday, May 30, 2018


Hey everyone! The summer heat has been so extreme in the past days here in Manila and an overnight stay at the Makati Shangri-La was just the thing I needed to refresh. I like visiting this beautiful city and come back to this well renowned hotel due to endless reasons I'll be sharing throughout this post.





Makati Shangri-La has one of the best hotel lobbies I've seen among all other luxury hotels in the Philippines. It boasts of a spacious receiving area where you can find the grand staircase, reception and lobby lounge. Although my check-in took longer than usual, which I assumed was due to the volume of guests, the wait was generously compensated with a complimentary room upgrade to a Deluxe Suite. I'm not sure if being a Golden Circle member had something to do with it but I truly appreciate the kind gesture.






The deluxe suite assigned to me was on the 14th floor and quite far from the elevator. This can be an advantage for those planning to have their wedding preparations because hallway shots can be taken with less hassle from other guests. Upon entering the room you'll see a foyer with full length mirrors on the side, great for taking OOTDs.






The foyer leads to the living room where you can entertain guests or stay up late with family and friends. I like how they served these complimentary fruits with matching utensils in an elegant cutlery chest.








The living room features the entertainment area consisting of a television set and DVD player. On the same corner you'll see a mini-bar with different beverages. 





On the opposite corner of the living room is a work station which comes with a spacious table, handy office tools and a printer! How cool is that? I also like that this area has a couple of outlets for charging different gadgets.




I really love how the deluxe suite has a private bedroom so you can sleep soundly while the rest of your family do their thing in the other areas of the suite. I cannot begin to describe how incredible my sleep was and how comfortable their bed, blanket and pillows feel. 




Over on the right side is a vanity area which I didn't get to use since the lighting was way better in the bathroom. This is probably best for when you need space having your makeup done. 




Also inside the bedroom is this walk-in closet for storing all your stuff. I like how it's equipped with the essentials like ironing board, iron, safety deposit box, robes, hangers and even umbrella.












 The bathroom is impressively spacious with separate areas for the toilet, shower, tub and sink. I love that they use an equally luxurious brand for bathing, L'occitane. I also love that the shower gel didn't dry my skin and how a small amount of shampoo is good enough to clean my hair. Other additional perks include bath salts, mouth wash, comb, loofah and dental kit.


As for the other stuff like breakfast, all food items are delicious but the chicken and pork adobo dish is to die for. From the moment I set foot in the hotel, every staff I interacted with was courteous and very attentive to my needs and would you believe that checking out took less than a few minutes? Definitely the fastest I ever experienced.


Overall, I had a great time in Makati Shangri-La and I'm definitely coming back soon. That’s a wrap! Thank you for reaching this far and I hope to see you on my next blog post. Have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment