ESTEE LAUDER: Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

Wednesday, November 16, 2016



Hello everyone! I'm ecstatic to share with you another rave on a product I've known and heard of from one of my YouTuber favorites, emilynoel83, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. I dreamt of owning one a couple of years ago but since I wasn't into using foundation on a daily basis back then, buying one was never a priority until today. My skin hasn't been in tip top shape since my melasma started to appear. This is why I eventually transitioned to using products offering more coverage so it only made sense to finally get my hands on this highly coveted foundation.


You know how things just effortlessly fall into place? That's exactly how I can describe the moment when I decided to plunge in and purchase this product. I was in the Estee Lauder counter at Mall of Asia and while I was discreetly looking around, the sales rep approached me. I felt very comfortable with the way she accommodated my questions so I ended up on the makeup chair while she did her magic. 




I love that she removed my makeup and took time to apply skin care products before swatching the foundation on my jawline. Since I'm not really certain if my skin is indeed acidic and needs a lighter shade of foundation, she went on and applied 2 different shades on either sides of my face. After applying the finishing powder and letting the foundation set for a few minutes, I finally got matched to the shade cashew!





The product comes in a sleek frosted bottle with a screw cap and features a wide spout to easily dispense the product. This foundation is unscented and has a runny consistency so you may want to be careful not to spill much more than you need.


The formulation dries off quickly when used alone but the sales rep suggested to add a drop of the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum which made a huge difference! The foundation doesn't dry up instantly once mixed with the serum thus making application more manageable. Since the serum is priced way beyond my budget, I opted not to get one and instead I've been adding a drop of my Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate and it's working quite beautifully. This foundation is lightweight and yet offers full coverage. It can even out your skin tone and hide away skin darkening, redness or acne marks. Staying power is also quite remarkable because it can last the entire day. I notice my T-zone to be less oily especially when I bake this foundation with Coty Airspun Loose Facial Powder. 


Overall, I can finally say that the EstÄ“e Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup is by far the best foundation I've ever tried. After getting a compliment from a good friend who saw me wearing this foundation I can truly say that it's holy grail material. Having said that, I highly recommend this product to all of you who don't mind splurging (Php 2,400/bottle) a little on cosmetics. Look at it this way, you'll be spending on a product that really works hence saving you time and money in the long run. So go now to your nearest Estee Lauder branch and start experiencing this awesome product. 


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and please check out other related articles below before you leave. Have a great weekend everyone!





3 comments :

  1. Please ignore my question in your other post! Found it! :D I'm going through your foundation posts and I got so excited that I found another person who's the same shade as me! I'm butterscotch in Laura Mercier, too, but when I'm lighter (NC30-ish), I'm dusk. Sorry for rambling. Just excited to find someone else using the same shades as me. There's not a lot of us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae, thanks for visiting my blog. It's great to know we share the same shade of foundation. EL in cashew is a good match for my NC30-35 skin but it looks a little dark on me lately, LM in butterscotch is the better shade. I'm guessing you're a shade lighter than me so if you're looking into getting EL, try on the shade that's lighter than cashew. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I don't have an exact shade with EL. When I went to their store, I'm between Cashew and Rattan. Currently, nearer to Cashew.

    ReplyDelete