COTY AIRSPUN: Loose Face Powder

Sunday, November 6, 2016





Hello everyone! I've been seeing a lot of makeup "baking" with loose powder on YouTube video tutorials in the past months. Apparently, this technique has been around for a while and is actually used by makeup artists, theater actors, even drag queens to keep their makeup in place. Seeing how good this technique works on others, it got me really curious but a bit doubtful that I can pull off the same budge-proof look everyone's raving about. Most loose powders used by beauty gurus aren't budget-friendly but thankfully, some of them recommended an affordable yet good quality loose powder, the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder. 


I bought this powder for Php 550 at the Chedelyn Cosmetics kiosk inside Pop Culture Trinoma. Good thing I spotted this product there because the sales rep was so helpful in choosing the shade I ended up with, the Translucent Extra Coverage 070-41 which I'm loving to bits! This powder is housed in a plastic tub containing 65 grams worth of powder. Can you imagine how long it will take to consume that much product? This is why I caved in and bought one because the price is so worth the amount you're getting.


 The tub has a snap on cover and includes a fluffy puff applicator that's so unique I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it from other brands. It actually reminds me of the cotton wool material used in aquarium filters. I honestly haven't used the puff because I prefer using a brush or beauty blender when applying the powder. 


This translucent powder  has a fine texture that it readily blends when applied. I love how it instantly mattifies your skin without looking too dry. The powder particles are so fine that it doesn't crease or look cakey on your skin. It effectively controls oil production and extends makeup wear up to 6 hours. The image above might look like the powder has color but it really comes off translucent and doesn't affect your foundation shade. The downside is it's not widely available in local stores but you may want to check out online and physical shops of  Chedelyn Cosmetics. One thing I'm neutral about is the scent which sort of reminds me of my grandma's puff powder back in the 80's, otherwise I have nothing bad to say about this powder. 




Overall, this Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder is a great product to have in your stash. I highly recommend it to those of you who want to try an effective finishing powder that won't hurt your budget. That's about everything, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and do check out other related posts below. Have a great week ahead! 



No comments:

Post a Comment