ESSENCE: An Exclusive Haul

Sunday, July 3, 2016


Hello everyone! I'm pretty sure the past weeks felt like heaven for all you shoppers out there because of the great promos and discounts happening in leading malls around the metro. I didn't want to get in the hype but I couldn't resist trying out a brand I've been eyeing for months, an affordable makeup line called essence. In 2002, essence was launched in Germany by founders Christine Oster-Daum and Javier Gonzalez. Since then, essence has spread across the globe reaching as far as North America, South Africa, Middle East and Asia including our dear homeland the Philippines!





Not everything was on sale at the essence booth in SM North but they're priced so reasonably that it's impossible to leave their counter with just one purchased item. Having said that, let me present to you the top three things from essence that caught my fancy.

Essence Stay All Day 16h Long-lasting Make-up Php 299 /30 ml

First up is essence stay all day 16h long-lasting make-up. It comes in a 30 ml plastic bottle with a pump dispenser and snap-on cap. It's available in 4 different shades and aside from getting the SA's opinion, I also tested all 4 on my jawline before finally deciding to get #20 soft nude. This foundation has an obvious scent but the kind that doesn't linger. It has a light, creamy texture that's easy to work with and blend. I love that it spreads effortlessly and melts like butter on your skin but you may want to apply this real quick because it dries and sets fast. 


It gives off a silky, semi-matte finish that gets a little oily on the t-zone by the 3rd hour, a minor set-back easily addressed with blotting paper or finishing powder. This is a medium coverage foundation than can last for 10 hours max on my oily combination skin with several touch-ups in between. The essence stay all day 16h long-lasting make-up didn't irritate my skin or cause break outs. 

Essence Mosaic Compact Powder, Php 259 /10 g

Next on the list is the essence mosaic compact powder in 01 sunkissed beauty. The packaging is a standard compact that doesn't come with mirror or applicator. It has a distinct scent which reminds me of coconut. Looking closer, you'll notice it has golden sparkles so unless you're going for a frosted look, you may want to ease up on application. The shade appears to be darker than how it appears when applied on your face making it more of a highliter than a bronzer. The shimmer holds up to about 6 hours which frankly looks better towards the end of the day when tiny specks of golden sparkles are all that's left. 

Essence All About Matt Oil Control Paper, Php 189 / pack of 50 pcs.

Lastly, I got 2 of these essence all about matt oil control paper. This was suppose to be my "only purchase" because I was all out of my favorite Clean & Clear oil control film and wanted to try something new. The packaging looks simple but it's really what makes this product stand out among other brands. It's designed to easily dispense a sheet with each pull of the container. Sad to say the praises end here. The oil control paper is so thin you'd think it's already used. I tried applying either side on my oily t-zone and it took 4 sheets (or more) to mattify my face which is a lot compared to using only one sheet of Clean & Clear. This product isn't too bad but I have to be honest that I won't be repurchasing it once consumed. I still think you can get better ones at a more affordable price. 




Overall, I like their foundation the most followed by the mosaic powder. Although the oil control paper didn't quite meet my expectations, it's still a product I can use everyday but sadly won't repurchase. I do recommend essence to those of you who want to try an affordable brand of makeup that's available locally. That's a wrap, thank you for reading my post and have a great week ahead! Stay happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment