BIODERMA: Sébium H2O Micellar Solution

Friday, July 29, 2016


Hello everyone! Micellar water has truly invaded the beauty industry and now we have various brands coming up with their own version of this miracle water that promises to remove even the toughest waterproof makeup. Since I don't usually wear makeup daily, I used to prefer washing my face at the end of the day with a cleanser and my trusty clarisonic. It wasn't long until I got hold of Bioderma Sénsibio H2O Micellar Solution and fell head over heels for it. 



Bioderma has a wide range of products to suit every skin type and address specific skin needs. The Sensibio is intended for sensitive skin, Hydrabio for dehydrated sensitive skin, Atoderm for very dry to atopic sensitive skin, Sébium for oily blemished skin, Node for the hair and scalp, ABCDerm for babies, Photoderm for sun protection, White Objective for sensitive skin lightening, Cicabio for damaged skin, Matriciane for cutaneous ageing and Matricium for cell regeneration. I'm pretty sure Sensibio, Hydrabio, Atoderm, Sébium and Photoderm are available locally based on my recent visit to Watsons at The Block in SM North. 

Image courtesy of Biodermph

About several weeks ago I learned from Bioderma Philippines' Instagram post that the Sébium H2O Micellar Solution contains Zinc Gluconate. This got me really interested since I've been using Zinc, particularly Zinc Gluconate in my practice for years now. I've seen how effective this essential mineral is as an adjuvant treatment of several conditions like gastroenteritis, respiratory tract infection and skin inflammation. This time around, Bioderma is using Zinc Gluconate to prevent acne formation by reducing the production of sebum. 


Without further delay, allow me to introduce the Bioderma Sébium H2O Micellar Solution. This product is available in 3 sizes; 100 ml, 250 ml and 500 ml. It's not privy to most of us that Bioderma costs a bit much locally. The 100 ml costs Php 488, the 250 ml is Php 888 while the 500 ml is Php 1,388. I ended up getting the midsize after going back and forth to the display section because I wanted to get the best deal for my money. 


This definitely has the consistency of water and can be immediately distinguished from the Sensibio by its light blue tint. It has an herbal scent that you can definitely notice on application which doesn't really bother me since it fades off instantly. It effectively removes stubborn dirt and waterproof makeup without drying your skin. It only takes a lightly soaked cotton pad to work its wonders and remove BB cream, tinted moisturizer, lipstick and eye makeup but you may have to use 3 or more of these to completely remove HD and waterproof makeup.


This product was put to the skin moisture test and based on the score, it has improved my skin moisture. I also notice my skin getting less breakouts especially during my period. I haven't seen any significant changes with regards to my pore size after a week's use but I think it's still early and I'm hopeful to see more improvements with continued use. Now the only thing that bothers me a bit when using the Sébium H2O Micellar Solution is it feels a bit sticky both on your face and fingers. I can say that the stickiness is comparable to how it feels after using a gel sanitizer. Also, the price is a bit steep but this can be easily overlooked after seeing how a bottle can last for months! 


Overall, the Bioderma Sébium H2O Micellar Solution is a great product to try if you have oily blemished skin. I plan to use it alternately with the Sensibio and I'm definitely repurchasing if my budget allows. If you're sensitive about herbal scent or you dislike feeling a bit sticky, you may want to try the Sensibio instead. That's a wrap guys! Thank you for your time and let me know any questions you may have about Bioderma by leaving a comment below. Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment