GUERLAIN: Orchidée Impériale Cream Foundation - SPF 25

Sunday, March 27, 2016



Hey guys! I recently got hold of another great product from Guerlain that I've been aching to share with all of you since day one. I'm talking about the Orchidée Impériale Cream Foundation with SPF 25. If you read my recent post about the Guerlain Meteorites, you're probably aware that I just started inching my way into using this brand. So without further introduction, I give you my thoughts on yet another emerging favorite on my list.






Upon opening the box you'll notice a product insert resting on top of a small application brush. Guerlain claims the promise of flawless beauty with the following benefits as described in the information sheet:
  • The White Orchid Extract provides comprehensive treatment to improve skin clarity:
    • It soothes the skin's natural sensitivity to prevent the appearance of pigmentation marks and the signs of ageing.
    • It acts at key stages to reduce the appearance of pigmentation marks.
    • It provides skin clarity and luminosity by encouraging hydration and contributing to optimum skin renewal.
  • Provides a unified complexion and long lasting makeup perfection.
  • Provides an ultra-protective shield to safeguard the skin's beauty.










This cream foundation comes in an elegant glass container which houses 30 ml of the product. The material and feel of the bottle scream of luxury. It also comes with a tiny spatula for a more hygienic way of dispensing the product. 





This foundation is lightly scented and has a creamy texture that easily applies on your skin. I love that it doesn't set instantly giving you enough time to blend it in using either your fingertips or foundation brush. 







This foundation offers light to medium coverage that can even out skin tone while leaving the skin feeling soft and silky. It feels light on the skin even when layered and has a velvety matte finish. It offers a polished look that lasts for 6 to 8 hours without retouch. I have combination oily skin and wearing this makes my T-zone a bit shiny by the end of the day. I'm actually impressed that it doesn't cause my skin to oil up big time and doesn't accentuate dry patches or cake at the end of the day. I was given 01 Beige Pale which is too light for my complexion but mixing it with my darker foundation from Koh Gen Doh easily does the trick! A pea-size amount is all you need to cover your entire face and neck so this bottle will definitely last for a while. 





Overall, I'm loving this cream foundation so much that it's become part of my daily look. I'm impressed by the way it evens out my skin tone especially on the forehead where I have an unfortunate case of melasma. Top deal breaker for this product is the hefty tag which goes as high as USD 238 or a little over PhP 11,000. This is by far the most expensive makeup product I own and I'm delighted it was given as a gift by my cousin. In my most honest and unbiased opinion, I believe there are other makeup brands in the market with a foundation similar to, if not better than, the quality of Guerlain yet don't cost as much. Take for instance MAC Pro Longwear Foundation and Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation. Another con is availability, Guerlain products are only sold in selected shops in our country and I'm not sure if this particular foundation is available locally. 


That's a wrap people! If you have any questions, feel free to leave them on the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you for your time and have a great day ahead!


♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment