Random Favorites

Saturday, August 29, 2015


Hey guys! I seriously need a ton of free time to catch up on my blogging. I've been putting this off for more than 3 weeks now due to a crazy schedule. I also notice my phone's memory is getting dangerously low with all the unused blogging pictures taking up much space. Anyway, I'll just assemble a few random things I'm currently obssesing on and make a series of collective reviews. First items I'll be talking about are my everyday essentials.



The Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent Spray has been on my radar for years but I sort of got strayed by other perfume brands that are equally great in our tropical weather like Incanto Shine by Salvatore Ferragamo and Moschino Funny. A little over a year ago, I finally bought one for 50% off the tag, an awesome deal that's too tempting to pass up. Now this bottle, though too bulky to carry around, has never left my bag since I started using it. I love the cool and clean scent it gives off, so perfect for hot days to freshen up the mood. 


Next item I have is the Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up in Toasted Beige. I can't help but admire the packaging every time I use this compact. I find the magnetic closure so chic and the large mirror an added bonus. It also comes with a small brush and sponge housed in a separate compartment. The compact instantly turns into a fine textured powder after a few gentle strokes of the brush. It applies smoothly and blends like a dream. It offers light to medium coverage and can cover up minor blemishes. You may still use concealer underneath to amp up the coverage. Staying power is quite decent, keeping your face shine free for up to 6 hours max. 


A recent favorite is the Nature Republic By Flower Wood Eyebrow Pencil. I am currently obsessed with this product because it instantly grooms my brows with just a few gentle strokes. This wonder product allows me to beautifully sculpt my untamed brows and stay that way for hours. I got the #2 shade which has a light charcoal hue. This tool has a spoolie on the other end that works perfectly in smudging the shade for a natural look. 


An all time favorite is the MAC Eye Shadow Lustre in the shade Honesty. This has been my go to eye color for a year now and it still hasn't hit pan. It comes in a cute tiny compact with a see-through top so you can spot the shade right away. I literally cried out after accidentally dropping it on the floor one time. The transparent cover went off but I got to snap it back on like nothing happened. Thank goodness the product remains unharmed. This shade gives off a coppery bronze with tiny bits of golden sparkle. Color pay off is excellent and the velvety texture makes it a breeze to apply and blend. 


Lastly is the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Chunkiest Chili. This lip product is my most recent purchase among the group and it has become an instant favorite. Packaging is pretty much the same with its predecessor, the Chubby Stick. It applies smoothly on the lips giving them just the right pop of color that's not opaque nor too sheer. Staying power may not be too long but I really don't mind since I love redoing my lip color as often as I can. It has a deep berry color that looks really flattering on medium to dark colored skin. 


So those are my random favorites. Let me know if you have questions about any of the products I mentioned and I'll get back to you with hopefully satisfying answers as soon as I can. Thank you for taking the time to read this entry. Have a wonderful day!


J ♥ I ♥ N ♥ G



No comments:

Post a Comment