BDJ Box Beauty Social, Primp and Prettify

Saturday, October 5, 2013


Hey guys! BDJ Box, the country's leading beauty box subscription, held another successful Beauty Social last September 29 at the Skydome in SM North Edsa. I knew there will be a lot of bellas out there so I preregistered and got sure seats for the first 2 talks and a guaranteed loot bag full of goodies! 


Good thing I have a fellow beauty enthusiast, Miss Kleng of all All About Beauty 101, a good friend who was as excited as I was to attend the event. Although the talks were scheduled to start by 1:00 PM, we opted to be there during opening at 10 AM to scan the place.


Image courtesy of BDJ Box

Upon registration, we were given a passport which contains a lineup of activities and a really helpful floor map for a bird's eye view of the whole place. There were a total of 12 booths in the event providing a variety of fun activities and services that promote each brand. 



First booth we visited was that of Cure since they were already entertaining participants by the time we got there. Sorry I really have a hard time remembering names but the one who assisted me was really nice. She showed me how to use Cure Natural Aqua Gel by demonstrating it on my hand. I actually love how it felt as she gently rubbed the gel in a circular motion. In a few seconds, dead skin was beginning to come off leaving my skin feeling soft and smooth without a trace of dryness that other exfoliants tend to do. I also noticed my skin looking a bit lighter with a fresh, clean scent. 



Cure is available in all beauty bar stores nationwide and the full size retails for 1,500 Php, not bad for a 250 ml product that can last up to 8 months! After the demo, we were given 2 sachets to bring home.

 

Next stop, Too Cool for School (TCFS), a fast rising Korean brand known for its cute packaging. TCFS recently hit Manila on the 2nd quarter of 2013 when it opened its flagship store in SM Mall of Asia and was followed by another branch in SM North Edsa 3 months later. I've only tried their BB Cream and loved it to bits. I was surprised with the variety of products they offer. 


Image courtesy of Too Cool for School

One product which caught our attention was the Rules of Pore Magic Pore Balm used to minimize the appearance of pores and wrinkles. It comes in a tin pot, has the texture of a balm but finishes off smooth and powdery. It can be used as a primer to your foundation or BB Cream. 



TCFS also made us participate in a classic Korean game and we luckily won sample sachets of assorted products.



Then we headed to the Cover Girl booth where we took the clump crusher challenge. After repeatedly applying Cover Girl's Clump Crusher Mascara for 30 strokes, I couldn't believe my lashes were thicker and longer without clumping! It was such an amazing product that my friend has claimed it to be her holy grail when it comes to mascara. 



As for me, I really haven't found mine yet but this CG clump crusher is an excellent candidate. Participants were given discount coupons worth 95 Php each and I can't wait to use mine soon.

 

At the Bifesta booth, they gave away different prizes including sachets of Bifesta cleansing lotion and a pink velcro head band. They were also giving free hair makeover using Lucido-L products. Although we wanted a new do, we opted to skip it since the line was already building up and the talks were about to start.





Things were really heating up at the Beauty Social especially when the crowd was getting bigger towards the afternoon. Luckily, Garnier was giving out mocktails for everyone! The lovely ladies manning the booth also introduced us to Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy Energizing Facial Foam, a refreshing face wash which I'll be reviewing soon.



The staff in the Ralph Lauren booth gave us an idea of which scent best suits our personality and lifestyle. I was given a choice between sporty fresh and fruity floral scents but I prefer the latter since it radiates a more feminine vibe so they handed me a sample tube of Ralph Lauren for Women 3. 



The Celeteque booth was also starting to build a long line for their free skin analysis. Although we wanted to get our skin analyzed, we were told that they have to remove our makeup so we opted to try it towards the end of the event.



Yves Rocher gave us an idea on what skin care products to use for our particular skin type. Of all the different lines they carry, Hydra Vegetal has always been my favorite.



The Shiseido booth offered a free facial and makeover with every purchase of any product from their Ibuki line. They were also giving a free Ibuki Cleanser for every purchase of Shiseido Softening Concentrate and Moisturizer. We were so tempted to avail of the promo but didn't have enough resources to do it. I hope they get to do another promo by the time I saved enough to buy the Ibuki line. 




Max Factor's booth was offering free makeup tutorial while Revlon was offering free hair color application. I was really looking forward to a new hair color but we didn't have enough time to go in the mall and buy the product to be used for the procedure so we skipped that as well.


 



I was preregistered to attend two talks. Get Real with the BDJ Box Beauty Ministry at 1:00 PM was really fun! We got to hear tips first hand from Kate Alvarez, Nicole Romero and Tara Cabullo, members of the BDJ Box Beauty Ministry. The best part was, I got to ask my own question! I asked their opinion on getting facials and if they recommend non doctors performing them. Both Nicole and Tara said it's still best to visit your Dermatologist but it's okay to get facials from a trained personnel under the supervision of a Dermatologist. Both ladies also recommend the Shiseido's Oxygen Lounge for a rejuvenating experience. 



Ready for Anything Skin with Shiseido by Carmel Villongco at 1:50 PM was very informative especially of the newly released Ibuki line. Although I wasn't one of the four lucky ladies who got a full size Ibuki product, I'm still fortunate to try the entire line in sample sizes and will update you soon on the details.




Surprisingly, I was also preregistered for the Parisian Pretty with L'oreal Paris at 3:30 PM. I love how they taught us to wear vibrant colors and balance it at the same time. 







After the talks, each bella was handed with a loot bag containing an assortment of beauty products. Hooray to BDJ Box team for the orderly distribution of loot bags to all participants.

The event, for me, was a huge success! It's the very first beauty event I've been to and I'd like to thank BDJ Box for providing us bellas with such a memorable experience. I am definitely attending BDJ Box Beauty Socials in the future and so should you! Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!


❤❤❤

6 comments :

  1. wow more celeteque products! sept 29 was my mom and dad's 28th wedding anniversary kaya di ako nakapunta di bale i know bdj has upcoming future events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rhain, yes they do, actually bdj will launch their power planner for 2014 this coming Sunday at SM MOA Music Hall.

      Delete
  2. i was there ms jing =) and claimed my bdj 2014 planner (a prixe i won from joining their facebook 1-2 twitter 1-2 and blogger contest) me and my sister had our loot bags also, and i think mas maraming freebies yung naatenan nyo =) hope to see you personally on their next event =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations for winning a BDJ Planner! That's even better than freebies.. :) I hope to meet you as well in the next events. :)

      Delete
    2. sad nga po wala ako nakitang blogger =( siguro mga past 4pm pa nagpuntahan medyo mainit kasi mga 12-3 pm lang kami =) hirap po din kasi magcommute =) from laguna pa kami hihi nagenjoy din si baby =)

      Delete
  3. It's hard to come by well-informed people in this particular subject, but you seem like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete