GLAMWORKS: Charcoal Nose Pore Strips

Sunday, September 8, 2013



Hey everyone! Don't you just love it when others share their skin care routine? I definitely do because that's when I get a lot of ideas on which products to try and review next. I usually hear new stuff from fellow bloggers I avidly follow, friends and even relatives.



Last week, my cousin Raquel urged me to try her Neutrogena Wave Duo (which I'll be reviewing soon) and reintroduced me to the use of pore strips hence this review. Just to give you an idea, she is blessed with blemish free skin and very few pimple break outs. She's based in Singapore and has been using Biore products for several years now. Actually she's fond of using Biore's charcoal pore strip but since it ran out, we were left to try the classic version.


My first attempt wasn't as successful as my two other cousins who saw how it effectively removed stubborn dirt in their pores. I wanted to retry the next day but didn't get around to doing it. So imagine my delight when I saw a local version of the charcoal pore strips in Watsons.





Glamworks Charcoal Nose Pore Strips are individually packed in sachets of 12 in a slim box.





Here's how the pore strip looks like once you tear it open. The top is cottony white while the bottom sticky part is black, smooth and filmlike in texture.



To use properly, you need to wet your nose thoroughly with water to make the pore strip sticky and adhere to your skin. With dry hands, peel off the strip from its transparent cover and apply the black portion on your nasal area. After ten to fifteen minutes, remove the strip by lifting one edge then slowly peel off.


As much as I want you guys to see my used pore strip, I opted not to disgust you and describe it instead. It was surprisingly half filled with dirt, mostly from the sides of my nose even after cleansing my face. There were a few charcoal residues left but was easily washed off with tap water. I love how it's easy to use, didn't hurt when peeled off, didn't irritate my skin and effectively removed remaining dirt in my pores. 


Overall, this is a good addition to your skin care routine and is best used at night when most of the dirt accumulate from a day's worth of exposure to pollution. I guess the downside is the additional 245 Php on your monthly expenses for skin care if you plan to use it everyday. Although it's a good product, I don't recommend it to everyone, just to those who don't mind shelling out a few extra for skin care. So are you into pore strips? Let me know what you think on the comments section below. Thanks for reading and have a great week!


❤❤❤




No comments:

Post a Comment