MAYBELLINE: Clear Smooth BB Stick

Friday, July 6, 2012

In my last post I said something like "BB creams just keep getting better" and I have to say that this product, the Maybelline clear smooth BB stick can attest to that statement.




I wasn't suppose to do another BB cream review just yet but after trying this, 
I couldn't wait another day to rave about it. First of all, I have to admit that the P249.00 tag was the main reason why I bought it without any hesitations. 
I thought the very affordable price wouldn't hurt much if in case the product sucks. 
Luckily, this small wonder is truly a hit for me.


There are 2 shades available, Fresh for fair skin and Radiance for morena skin tone. I got the one in Radiance though I was leaning towards getting the former. Good thing I took the sales rep's advice and swatched it on my chin.




It comes in a stick, making it look like a jumbo concealer and it does work that way. 
It conceals your pores and imperfections in just a swipe. No kidding. At first I thought it would be a little dry, hard to apply and spread all over your face but it's the exact opposite! It has a creamy texture that glides smoothly on your skin. You get just the right amount of product in a single swipe without having to really scrape your face with the stick. It leaves your skin with a hint of moisture and a light powdery finish that doesn't get oily over time. 

Texture upon application


Immediately after blending 


After 1 hour of blending

What I really love about this is you can do away with powder during touch ups. Just a few soft dabs on your face, finished with gentle fingertip strokes can create a freshly made up look. It offers protection from the sun with its SPF 21 PA+++. 
It has a hint of chemical scent if you directly smell the stick but it's unnoticeable on application. This is also perfect for those wearing contact lenses who need to apply eye solution and constantly smudge their makeup with it. The size perfectly fits any bag so it's a good kikay kit stuffer.


Hooray for this innovative product from Maybelline. I definitely recommend this to my friends and I will repurchase once this runs out.

NOTES:
  • My blog is turning a year old and I'm so excited of thinking a way to celebrate it. Maybe an anniversary giveaway? Let me know if you have any suggestions.
  • All products mentioned in this entry are personal preferences and purchases and are not intended for advertisement.
  • What works for me may not work well with others so results mentioned may not be the same with everyone. Individuality, finding what works for you is still the best way to spot a good product.


    



No comments:

Post a Comment