GARNIER: Skin Renew BB Cream, A Must-have for Pinays

Sunday, July 1, 2012

     What I love about the BB Cream craze is that a lot of skin care companies have joined in and launched their own versions. One good thing about this is, as the new ones come out, they just keep getting better in terms of formulation, packaging, availability and retail price.

Just recently, I got the Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream with spf 15 in light to medium. I didn't use it immediately since I still have my Tony Moly luminous aura goddess BB cream and I just recently opened L'oreal white perfect BB cream. But a week ago, I gave in, finally tried it and I was in awe at how amazing this product is.


 




It comes in a 75ml squeeze type tube which I think is pretty generous for its tag ($11.99) and a little goes a long way so you can be sure it will last you months and you're getting your money's worth. It has a light creamy texture which spreads effortlessly on your skin. This product, by far, is the easiest to apply compared  to other BB creams I've tried. 



Garnier BB Cream immediately after application.


Garnier BB Cream after blending


I love the way it instantly moisturizes your skin and leaves it looking healthy, fresh and well hydrated. Most BB creams give you a matte finish while others give you just a natural look but Garnier leaves your skin with a soft, dewy finish. It offers light to medium coverage and has spf 15 so you might want to use this with a concealer for darker spots and a sunscreen with higher spf. 




For me, I think this is perfect for normal to combination skin but I'm not so sure it will benefit those with oily skin. I have combination skin and so far, my T-zone doesn't look greasy after a few hours of application. This formula doesn't cake or become greasy over time. Most importantly the shade light to medium goes well with my skin tone. The only problem I have with this product is availability in the local market. Garnier hasn't released this in Manila yet but I do hope they make this available soon.



Over all I highly recommend this product especially to newbies when it comes to BB creams. This is also available in medium to deep for those with morena or darker skin.

NOTES:
  • All products mentioned in this entry are personal preferences and purchases and are not intended for any form of advertisement.

4 comments :

  1. san ka po nakabili ng garnier bb cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, the Garnier BB cream was given to me as a gift by my fiance in Chicago. He got it from Walgreens. I haven't seen this in local outlets here in Manila yet, but who knows, they just might be available SOON. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  2. Hi. I'm currently using The Body Shop's Shizo BB cream but it's almost gone and I'm thinking of getting the Garnier one. But since it's not yet available here, would you recommend Tony Moly luminous aura goddess BB cream or L'oreal white perfect BB cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, luckily I already tried both BB creams and if you need better coverage to hide pimple marks or uneven skin tone, the Tony Moly luminous aura goddess BB cream is the better choice. It doesn't leave a gray or white cast, it's nongreasy and just a small dot goes a long way. What I don't like so much about the L'oreal white perfect BB cream is that it doesn't give much coverage so you tend to add more product and as a result you end up with an unnatural white cast. If you're not yet sure, drop by any Tony Moly store and try before you buy. You'd be surprised at how friendly and helpful the sales ladies are especially those in SM North Edsa. :) Good luck!

      Delete