Books I've missed..

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

     In the past 3 to 4 years of being a pediatric resident, there was never enough time to rest, let alone sit down and enjoy reading a book besides Nelson (our reference book in pediatrics). Every minute of your existence counts and you always seem to find yourself working against the clock. This may be one of the reasons why I'm now going back to my first love... Reading. Don't get me wrong, I'm really not the type who has read all the New York Time's best sellers. I just read what I feel like reading. From inspirational books to romance novels and even short stories depending on what I think I need. I also read books recommended by friends, in that way I wouldn't be finding myself tossing the book back to the shelf after reading a few pages.

     While I was reviewing for my diplomate board exam last month, I came across people who had the luxury of time to sit snuggly in the comfortable couch of starbucks or coffeebean to read novels, magazines or news papers while there I was, sitting on a hard wooden chair to keep me awake while reading pages after pages of pediatric diseases. On the day I learned I passed the exam, I went immediately to Powerbooks and luckily bought 2 romance novels on sale! 'The Bride' by Julie Garwood and 'Highland Velvet' by Jude Deveraux. Just yesterday I bought Joshua Harris' book 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye' and I still plan on buying more from my friends' recommended author, Paolo Coelho. Maybe I'll read the twilight saga agian. Well, it really doesn't matter which one comes first, I'm just so happy for finally having the time to read.

UPDATE:
     I am currently hooked on the novels written by Julie Garwood and Jude Deveraux. I have finished reading 4 novels in less than a month! I also purchased 2 novels from ibooks and I find it so convenient to read novels using the ipad! 


     But even so, I still prefer the feel of a pocketbook on my hand and do my reading the primitive way. I just finished reading 'The Velvet Promise' and I am now about to start with Garwood's 'Gentle Warrior'. Talk about a reading comeback! 

2 comments :

  1. Julie Garwood and Jude Devereaux are very good romance writers. I remember reading them in High School and feeling giddy afterwards. =P To date, if I want to bring back that feeling of giddiness I read some of their books.

    Might I suggest Amanda Quick? She has great writing style, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look her up on my next book hunting. Thanks as well for taking the time to read and comment.

      Delete