ALL COVERED BY AC: Skin Saver Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50 PA++

Wednesday, July 17, 2019




Hey everyone! I am back with a first impressions review on another product that's literally hot off the grill from All Covered by AC, the brainchild of YouTuber turned social media influencer Anna Cay. The brand initially launched in February with the release of the Air Blender Sponge as its first installment to a lineup of products. Last week, they introduced another product which Anna kept hinting on social media several days prior, the All Covered by AC Skin Saver Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50 PA++.





This product comes in an airtight bottle with a pump which I really like for ease of dispensing and hygienic purposes. The 30 mL bottle makes this very handy for travel. The pump doesn't feature a lock so be careful not to lose the cap to keep the product from leaking accidentally when you travel. 




The label is nicely done and the product information is clearly printed. Although they missed indicating the manufacturing date and batch number, they did include the expiry date and lot number on the bottom. What really caught my attention on the label was that this is proudly Philippine made which I actually love because there's a greater chance that the formulation will perfectly match my skin type. 




It also says on the label that it's exclusively distributed by Venus and Mars Naturals Eco-Beauty Corporation which I'm not sure if it's the same as V&M Naturals. I actually posted this question on Anna's instagram and I'm yet to get a reply. The very reason I'm itching to know is because V&M Naturals has sort of a similar product called the Keep Safe Tinted Sunblock SPF 35 which sells for a higher price of Php 880 and comes in a single shade. The skin saver tinted sunscreen is indeed priced oh so reasonably at Php 688 yet features a higher SPF and comes in three shades namely light, medium and tan.







This tinted sunscreen is creamy and blends so well you can use your fingers to apply it all over your face and neck. The brand recommends to use a sponge but I prefer brush or just my fingers. I love that the shade tan matches my NC35-40 complexion perfectly. Despite having high SPF, it doesn't smell like the usual sunscreen and instead has a pleasant hint of floral scent. I like that it doesn't look grey on the skin or leave a white cast.





It gives a matte finish hence you can skip the finishing powder. It offers light to medium coverage minimizing minor skin imperfections but you may still need a concealer to hide darker blemishes. It stays on for about six hours before it starts fading. I noticed getting cystic pimples around the time I started using this sunscreen but I'm still observing whether it does break me out. 


Overall, the All Covered by AC Skin Saver Tinted Sunscreen is a promising product to try. I do recommend it to those of you who like to achieve barely-there makeup. You can also use this as makeup base or on its own as daily sunscreen. The price may be a bit above midrange but the quality you're getting more than makes up for it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment