MAC: Lightful C Naturally Flawless Foundation & Cherry Blossom Prep+Prime Fix+

Monday, May 27, 2019





Hey everyone! Welcome back to my blog and if you're new here I'm so glad you found my site. In today's post I'll be reviewing a couple of makeup stuff I last purchased from MAC. I have to remind you that these aren't new releases from the brand. I just posted late since I haven't had enough time to sit down and make this review. Anyhow, if you're interested to know what MAC makeup I'm currently obsessed with then click the  [Read more>>]  tab below.


MAC Lightful C Naturally Flawless Foundation Php 2,300 / 30 ml bottle

After learning that MAC Lightful C is exclusively developed for Asian skin, I knew I had to try at least one product from the line. I’ve used the MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream and Cushion Compact, both of which instantly won my heart. So when MAC released the Lightful C Naturally Flawless Foundation, I didn’t think twice and got myself one.




This foundation comes in a petite plastic bottle with the signature holographic design of MAC Lightful C. It features a pump and narrow nozzle that MAC foundations are known for. I love that a single press dispenses just the right amount of product needed for your face and neck.






The foundation itself is quite creamy and has a distinct smell that doesn't linger. I love that it doesn’t dry up quickly and blends effortlessly when applied. It offers light to medium coverage that looks more natural than other MAC foundations I’ve tried and offers sun protection with its SPF 35/ PA++. This is best topped with powder and makeup finishing spray but can also be worn alone. It lasts for approximately 6 to 8 hours and still looks good on the skin without retouching.








I’m usually an NC 30 to 35 but apparently I’m an NC 42 for this foundation. So always ask the SA to find your right shade by trying on the product before buying. In terms of coverage, I noticed the MAC Lightful C tinted cream offers the same if not better coverage! Sounds crazy right but both are doing a great job of lightly covering my pimple marks and uneven skin tone.


MAC Lightful C Makeup Sponge (FREE)

During my purchase at a MAC store  in UP Town Center, they were giving away free makeup sponge with every purchase of the MAC Lightful C Naturally Flawless Foundation. It came in a clear plastic box that says MAC Lightful C on the front and a few clouds printed all over. I have a good feeling MAC will come up with their own version of a Beauty Blender pretty soon since everyone else has come up with at least one.


Dry Sponge


Damp Sponge


This beauty sponge is light blue in color and quite porous. It's a bit bigger than a Beauty Blender when dry and likewise increases in size when damp. I like how soft it is especially when soaked and how it easily blends your foundation. This sponge is not as dense therefore absorbs a lot of product so expect to need an extra pump of foundation as compared to using a brush. I like how it can be cleaned easily with soap and water although medium to full coverage foundation may leave a stain even after repeated cleansing. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and so far I haven’t seen any tears.


MAC Prep+Prime Fix+ in Cherry Blossom,  Php 1,300 / 100 ml bottle 

I was out of makeup finishing spray so I also bought a bottle of their MAC Prep+Prime Fix+ in the limited edition Cherry Blossom scent included in the MAC Boom Boom Bloom Collection. Packaging is pretty gorgeous with the same classic bottle adorned with pink petals and smooth pearlized finish pump. It’s the same awesome MAC Fix+ that effectively primes your face for a dewy makeup look and prolongs makeup wear time when used as finishing spray. The only obvious differences are it’s limited edition, comes in a different bottle design and is in cherry blossom scent.




Overall the MAC Lightful C Naturally Flawless Foundation is a great product to try next especially when you’re just starting to use makeup in your daily routine and you need a fool proof foundation. Although it does come with a hefty tag, I would rather get one that works well on my skin rather than buying several others that don’t deliver. I like the makeup sponge they threw in for free but I don’t see myself buying one just in case MAC sells them eventually. The Cherry Blossom Prep+Prime Fix+ is also a good product to try but if you’re not into floral scented mists then you may want to skip it and go for the classic Prep+Prime Fix+ instead.


That's a wrap! Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts you might want to share with me. Just leave them on the comments section below and I’ll get back to you shortly. Thank you for reaching this far into my post and I’ll see you on the next! Please subscribe if you  haven’t via bloglovin’ on the right sidebar and follow me on social media by clicking the icons on the left upper corner of this page to get notified of more kikay (beauty) stuff in the future. Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment