LANEIGE: BB Cushion Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

Sunday, February 26, 2017





Hello everyone! I'm back with a review on a product I've been using for quite a while now, the Laneige BB Cushion Whitening with SPF 50+ PA+++. I only got to appreciate it recently because the shade I have (23 sand) looked too fair on my tan skin in the summer. Good thing my complexion is back to its usual medium shade which turns out to be a better match. 




If you live in Manila like me, you'd know that Laneige is a pricier Korean cosmetics and skin care brand. This is why despite the good reviews, I strayed away from it thinking I couldn't afford repurchasing. Good thing Althea Korea debuted in the Philippines just in time for me to snag this BB Cushion on sale. The compact comes with a refill housed in a holographic box. 




The compact is quite decent, nothing extraordinary in my opinion. I love that it has a separate compartment for the sponge applicator hence more hygienic than having it sit directly on top of the product. I also like the big mirror and flip cover which snaps on tightly over the BB Cushion preventing it to dry off easily. 


The sponge that it comes with is a lot thinner than the ones I'm used to. Initially, it picked up a generous amount of the product enough to cover my entire face. The following days, you'll notice not getting much of it on the sponge unless pressing it more than a couple of times against the cushion. 


This is mildly scented and has a creamy texture. On initial application, it feels a bit sticky on the skin but dries off with a dewy finish over time. Application is a breeze with just a few patting motion using the sponge. One layer offers light coverage and can hide minor blemishes but you can build it up to a medium coverage without making it look tacky. Alone, it looks dewy and lasts for 3 to 4 hours before my skin starts to oil up. I find it best topped with finishing powder since it softens the look and prolongs staying power for about 6 hours. I've been using this everyday for a month and it didn't break me out. 


The thing I find not so appealing about the whole concept of BB cushions in general is the sponge getting a bit messier by the day. Another is the cushion getting dry easily on top and you need to press down on it more than a few times to get a substantial amount of product. What I do, although quite messy, is flip the cushion over every week and it's as if you're using it for the first time. The price may not be cost efficient for just 15 grams of BB cream but remember you're getting twice as much since it comes with a free refill. 




Bottom line is, the Laneige BB Cushion is a great product to try if you would like to step up on using BB creams or tinted moisturizers. If you're a foundation junkie this may not impress you since it can only offer light to medium coverage. You can buy it at Laneige stores in leading malls but you can actually save more if you buy from Althea Korea which will only cost you a little over a thousand pesos. 


That's about everything guys, do check out my other blog posts before you go and thank you so much for taking the time to make it this far. Have a great week!



1 comment :

  1. I also still try to figure out this thing about BB cushions but seems like a great beauty product to have handy. :) I love Laneige for it being a Korean product to start with, and their water content :)

    ♥ Chai Chen ♥ @chenmeicai
    ☆*。˚˚ https://chenmeicai.blogspot.com ˚˚。*☆
    ⓛ ⓞ ⓥ ⓔ ✰New Posts✰
    Who Will Be The Next Darna? | [COSPLAY]
    Experience Hogwarts in This Harry Potter Themed Cafe | [FOOD VLOG]
    Intramuros, Philippines Trip with Aussie Friends | [TRAVEL VLOG]
    Makeup Transformation: 1950s Barbie Doll Look | [BEAUTY VLOG]

    ReplyDelete