VMV HYPOALLERGENICS: Illuminants+ Cream

Saturday, August 27, 2016


Hello guys! I've been planning to get a diamond peel for months but my schedule doesn't seem to cooperate. If you're wondering why I need to have one, it's because my melasma is acting up again  mainly on the lateral areas of my forehead and cheeks. To be honest, I never had any idea what melasma was years back but in my early 30's I started to notice the sides of my forehead getting a bit darker than the rest of my face. I wasn't bothered at first since I can always even it out with foundation or BB Cream but the discoloration was getting more obvious during midday especially in well-lit places that I had to do something about it. 


Good thing I was introduced to VMV Hypoallergenics Illuminants+ Cream for advanced brilliance treatment. As the name implies, this product offers tone correction, brightening and hyperpigmentation therapy. It's clinically proven to be hypoallergenic which contains tyrosinase inhibitors, glycolic acid, green tea, vitamin C and rice phytic acid. It comes with a free Armada Post-Procedure Barrier Cream with SPF 50+ in sample size. This set is packed in an environment-friendly box which unfolds quickly when opened. 


The VMV Hypoallergenics Illuminants+ Cream is housed in a frosted bottle with a pump that you can twist either way to lock every after use making this product easy to travel with. The spout has a tiny opening which dispenses just the right amount of product. A pea-sized dollop is enough to cover your face and neck. VMV suggests to incorporate this gradually in your daily skin care routine. Start by using it once a week then work your way up to twice a week, thrice a week until you achieve twice a day usage. Follow this up with the Armada Post-Procedure Barrier Cream SPF 50. 




This product is translucent white and bears a hint of alcohol smell that thankfully doesn't linger. It moisturizes your skin instantly and may sting a bit on first use. I love that it doesn't look or feel greasy when applied so you can definitely use it under your foundation during the day. When used at night, this cream locks in moisture hence you wake up to a well hydrated skin that feels smooth and plump to touch. I love that it targetedly exfoliated my problem areas without the gross appearance of peeling. I noticed minimal dead skin on my cotton rounds lifted from my face on the first week of use. My melasma gradually lightened and although it wasn't totally gone even after a month of daily use, there was definitely a significant improvement. Eventually I was back to using tinted moisturizer and BB Cream alone, both of which can effectively even out the darkening. 



Not that I'm complaining but I was actually surprised to see a free sample-sized Armada Post-Procedure Barrier Cream included in the box. It's housed in a squeezy tube with a cap that contains 10 grams of product. 




Sadly, I didn't get to use it because of the weird consistency. Although it was sealed when I got it and the expiration date is until next year, upon opening clear fluid came out followed by a dry thick almost powdery cream. I immediately thought that the solid part of the product must have settled on the bottom due to long standing on the store's display counter. I tried shaking the tube vigorously for several times hoping to get a better consistency out of it but the fluid and solid parts were totally separated. This is why I'm skipping the review because it wouldn't be fair to do it given the said circumstance. I've been using my Armada Sport 70 instead to protect my skin from sun exposure.




Overall, the VMV Hypoallergenics Illuminants+ Cream is a good product to have around especially when you want to exfoliate your skin without the downtime. It may take some time before you see noticeable results but you will in due time. If you seek immediate results like what happens after a chemical peel, this product may not be what you're looking for but if you dispise the sight of actual skin peeling and you don't mind to wait for a while before seeing remarkable changes then this product is definitely up your alley!


VMV Hypoallergenics can be purchased in leading malls but my favorite is their Trinoma branch. I love that the staff knows how to build rapport with their clients in simple ways like  remembering their names and assisting everyone who comes in the store whether they're old or new customers. That's about it, thank you for taking the time to read my post and have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment